cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using URL Parameters with HTTP Comms Channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to build a new interface (HTTP - RFC) which will use several URL parameters. I've created a HTTP communications channel and Sender Service and this works. I'm able to define several URL Parameters by checking 'Adapter-Sepcific Message Attributes' and then 'Apply URL Parameters' then specifying the individual parameters.

This is straight forward so far but in usual SAP fashion the documentation on HTTP Comms Channels and URL Parameters is non existent. My question is how do I use these parameters once they are passed. I need to use the values as input parameters for the RFC which means I'll need to map these in the Integration Repository I can't find anything on SDN or SAP help that answers the question.

I know I could include these values in the XML payload but that would mean my 'customer' would need to amend their application and I'd rather keep things as they are.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

see in your sender HTTP adapter, you are sending parameters with values...................you want to send these to RFC in IR.....

so basically your message contains all the keys and their values...........so in msg mapping, in UDF use dynamic configuration and then using the dynamic configuration keys, get these sender values of sender HTTP req msg and map it to RFC fields in msg mapping in IR.............

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is wht u want

/people/william.li/blog/2006/04/18/dynamic-configuration-of-some-communication-channel-parameters-using-message-mapping

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek - that's an interesting blog and has given me a few ideas. However. I should have said that I'm creating a sender interface rather than a receiver.

My question is how do I reference the parameter when mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be this could help you to refference . .

For each process template, you can define interactive or composite form reference objects that can optionally be executed at runtime.

To be able to see and execute the reference object at runtime, you must add an appropriate runtime view.

Prerequisites

You can only attach standalone interactive forms to a process. For more information, see Interactive Form Types.

Activities

To attach an interactive form to a process:

1. Open the gallery and select a process template. To open its design time, choose Open…

2. To switch to edit mode, choose (Edit).

3. Open the Forms tab page.

4. Choose Add and select the type of reference object you want to add. You can choose between Callable Object and Development Object.

Browse and select the reference object, and choose Add once again.

5. Repeat step 4 to add more objects.

6. To define parameter mapping, select an entry and choose Map Parameters. Select a parameter from the left-hand table, and then select the parameter you want to map from the right-hand table. This groups the input parameters of the form reference object to the relevant input parameters of the process.

If the process does not define input parameters, you can set default values.

7. When you have defined the required mappings, choose Done.

8. Whenever a newer version of the form reference object is available, its status on the Forms tab page changes to (Deprecated). To update the object, select it from the list and choose Update. The status changes to (Active).

Parameter mapping is preserved unless the parameters of the new object version are different. In this case, you need to define mappings again.

9. Finally, choose (Save).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sourabh,

I appreciate the answer, but I'm not sure if it's in reference to my SAP Exchange Infrastructure problem.