cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rfc to ftp scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem here. I am trying to get a simple communicationszenario of xi working. So I chose rfc to file. Furthermore I tried the configuration's wizard. He says at the last step that my receiver communication-channel is not configured properly, although I made all the required Inputs. I am using a working ftp server. Do you know where usual mistakes can be made with a ftp server. As you know I am kinda n00b.

I don't know how to configure that the channel is to write he file in the root of the ftp server, cause I can't leave that field empty. Maybe the reason is that I selected the folder to create wrong. There I said just temp_test\ and did that check on create folder. Could that be the problem (just an idea)?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your target path is worng, Please follow the / wihle giving the Target directory

hope u have followed the steps in this blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

refer to the following to test ur scenario

Thanks

swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 17, 2008 10:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

You can check the configured communication channel in the RWB (monitor communciation channel) and check if its having any errors.

Regards

Sunita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

RWB says the channel is fine and started. Looks like I don't have privileges to create a folder on that ftp. But I can create files in it, so how can I write on root? Or isn't that possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

in comm channel, just check the create folder option.............then on executing ur scenario, your target folder will be created in your ftp root folder and the file will be created in it............in comm channel use ftp username and password for logging into ftp server.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 17, 2008 11:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried it using another ftp server, I have full privileges on it. But the problem isn't solved. The wizard still says configuration channel isn't properly configured.

Here I try to give you any andjustment I made to the ftp channel:

Service: the Business System the product is on I was configuriing in design.

Adaptertyp: File Basis 7.0

Transport Protokoll: ftp

MessageProtokoll: File

Adapter Engine: Integration Server

Zielverzeichnis: /Test/

create Folder: checked

Filenameschema: nothing changed here

server: servername I have access to

Port 21

Dataconnection: passiv

Connectionsecurity: none

username and pw

Connectionmode: permanent

Transfermode: Binary

These are all the adjustments I made. I don't see any mistake. As I said above rwb says there are no errors but the wizard says something else.

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As I said above rwb says there are no errors but the wizard says something else. - what is this wizard you are talking about, please explain in detail - where you are seeing it............

just for checking - are you providing username and pwd correct for ftp server - well i think it is correct because you do not get any error in RWB..............so where are you seeing the error...............

what is happening when you execute your scenario................please tell all these things so i will be in a better position to help you.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

thank you very much for your help. The wizard is in Integration Builder configuration. In Menu tools there is a configuration-wizard. He should create all the determinations and agreements autmatically so I can't make mistake there (as I heard). At the last step which is receiver agreement I get that error.

again thank you guys for the great support here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

RWB says comm channel correctly configured and started and configuration wizard says error in comm channel.......run transaction SXI_CACHE and do a complete cache refresh...........close ID and reopen it..............just check in RWB again that your comm channel is without error...........if your comm channel is in green colour, just open ID again, try using configuration wizard again for creating your scenario.... now i think you should be able to create your scenario..............if you get any error again, let me know in detail what is the error msg and in reciver agreement are you able to see your comm channel or not......

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just did everything you said. But there was no complete refresh there was only a deltarefresh. and i did a cparefresh afterwards.

I just tried to create the agreements and determinations manually. everything could be created. But when i send testmessages in rwb it won't find receiver agreements:

com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.ConfigException: ConfigException in XI protocol handler. Failed to determine a receiver agreement for the given message. Root cause: com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa.impl.exception.CPALookupException: Couldn't retrieve outbound binding for the given P/S/A values: FP=;TP=;FS=SAP_BS_Daniel;TS=;AN=TDM_MI_RFC_Daniel;ANS=http://tdmsystems.com//Daniel.17.3;

Could there be an error in the message I deliver for the test-message? I am not sure if I need to send the payload including namespaces? When I do the configuration test in ID it says something in the mapping went wrong. I just send the required tags without namespace. I don't know if that is right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

hmmmmmm..........

tell me the following things:

when you created interface determination, were you able to choose your interface mapping or not?

when you saved and activated everything in ID, then in receiver detemination, in configured reciever, were you able to see your inbound msg interface, interface mapping and reciever comm channel in ID?

I am not sure if I need to send the payload including namespaces? - yes you have to include namespace in your source file as well............just go to msg mapping test tab and copy the namespace portion in source XML to your source XML file.... then i think your mapping will run.......................

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you created interface determination, were you able to choose your interface mapping or not?-------> yes the interface mapping was found when I pressed save

when you saved and activated everything in ID, then in receiver detemination, in configured reciever, were you able to see your inbound msg interface, interface mapping and reciever comm channel in ID? -

> yes that worked as well

edit:

hey we made some progress I think

with the correct xml data (thank you for that hint; I didn't know about that source button at all) the configuration tests in ID all have green checks.

But the strange thing is that the testmessage from rwb still gets the same message about can't find receiver agreement. How can this be?

Edited by: Daniel Gerne on Mar 17, 2008 4:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

yes i think your folder path is incorrect...........

in your ftp root folder if you have a temp_test folder, then specify /temp_test/ if your ftp server OS is Unix.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta