cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System hangs while performing client copy - URGENT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed SAP R/3 4.7 and created a new client 200. when i perform client copy (as a background job) with SAP_CUST profile from 000 client, its going on for more than 4 to 5 hours; still its not yet finished...

Is there any problem with my sap system..

Kindly help me...

Thanks & Regards,

Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

Please check whether you have set archive logs.

If you have set then please disable, it since it will increase size of /oracle/SID/oraarch.

then you need to take achive backup. so all the above please ensure that no archive logs are generated.

also check the size of PSAPUNDO and PSAPTEMP tablespace and if possible make its size large.

Have you enabled Automated Undo managemant. if your database is oracle9 then you need to manually provide AUM or else it is automatic in higher oracle DB.

Check the logs of Client copy using scc3.. Reward me if it is usefull. all the best for all.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your response...

I am using SAPDB as database; and not Oracle.

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in SCC3 client copy progress is still in processing status.

two dialog queue is stopped with sap* user? is it background work process or dialog WP ?

did you perform client copy in background?

if you facing problem to login into system and run SM50 then run dpmon from command prompt.

start -> run -> cmd

now navigate to your kernel using change directory

cd <drive:\>\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS<inst_nr>\exe

now execute folliwing

dpmon SAPSYSTEMNAME=SID pf=<drive:\>\usr\sap\SID\SYS\profile\SID_DVEBMGS<inst_nr>_saphost

where SID = your sap system id and saphost = name of your sapsystem host

regards,

kaushal

Edited by: kaushal malavia on Mar 18, 2008 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

Thanks for your reply....

Ya i performed the client copy in background only.....

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you did not replay for

two dialog queue is stopped with sap* user? is it background work process or dialog WP ?

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

login as <sid>adm, open a cmd.exe and execute

x_cons <SID> sh ac 1

do you see a "LOG FULL"?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

on windows x_cons <SID> sh ac 1 could not be running.

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why not? sure it can - of course you have to replace <SID> with YOUR system id

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thank you for informing

since the DB is SAPDB it's working

he Database Console (program X_CONS) is a tool that gives you a quick overview of the operating system resources being used by the database system

regards,

kaushal

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - I know that - and that´s why I wanted him to execute that command to see, if the database has a LOG FULL or a DATABASE FULL situation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

sorry for the delayed response.... There was some petty technical problem with the internet.... Thats why i could not answer to your replies....

Ya i tried, the command you mentioned; i get log-full <208>!

what should i do now....

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

There was some technical problem in accessing the internet.... Thats why could not respond to your replies....

its a background job only....

Thanks,

Danny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to backup the log area. You can do that only if you have done a full backup before. If not, then you need to

- take a full database backup

- backup the log

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go get program DBMGUI from http://maxdb.org

it will make SAPDB administration easier, including clearing logs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Daniel, if you have a large DB Size with a huge client size too then it usually take time to perform a client copy. You can check if the bacground job is running properly or not in transaction SCC3.

Please check here and tell the status.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Ya i checked SCC3 transaction in 200 client. It shows "processing" status. and it is performing for the last 6 hours..

Kindly help me out...

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wait for some more time.

client copy in 'processing status' means it's running. nothing wrong with SAP

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal,

Thanks for your reply.

my only worry is its been running for almost six hours now.... this being a fresh installation... thats why i am perturbed....

anyway i shall wait for some more time....

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check ST22, SM21 and DB02 ( data diles size ). If you find some error relating to client copy then try to resolve it. Some times you may require to increase the tablespace size as the size may increase.

Do take a look at these things.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

I read that while performing client copy, we should not be working on the target client (200) or source client (000).

is it ok if i log in to target client (200) and check these transactions?

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes you are right, you should not logon on target client while performing client copy.

SCC3 did not gives you any error so wait and watch until processing is done.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Daniel its not a problem if you are logging on to any client, although you should not login to the target client before the copy is completed.

So you can login to the source client and check ST22 ,SM21 and DB02. You should not be working, means there should not me any change of objects or any transaction being done by the users or a BDC running on the source system. But you being an BASIS admin you can any time login to check whether everything is working fine and also check if there is no one other than you logged in.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.... i shall wait for some more time.... If nothing happens, then i shall log into source client (000) and check these transactions...

can i use sap* user id in client 000 to check for these transactions?

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

instead of SAP* you can create one user called basis with SAP_ALL authorization in all client.

use this user to login and perform basis activity.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for all your inputs. let me keep you posted about this in a short while...

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client copy is still in progress... The status is in "Processing" even after ten hours. When i tried to execute SM21 transaction, i was not shown the screen. Instead, the dispatcher has turned in yellow and it says, "Running but dialog queue standstill".

Please help me out of this issue.

Thanks,

Danny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you on Oracle? If yes, is your archiver log full?

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check SM50 to see if ll work processes are used... or do this at OS level using DPMON.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your response.

I am using SAPDB. Where should i check for log messages...

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I am not able to type anything in the command field. the sap system is hanged... Also i checked in MMC, the WP table has two entries with type Stop that has user sap*.

In addition to that, now my dispatcher shows "Running but dialog queue standstill" status...

please help me out...

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Daniel,

Did you check if the datafiles have been filled completely. If yes increase the datafiles.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

How to check if the datafiles have been filled completely? also, i am not able to type any transaction code in command field.... i am not able to open another session also.... my dispatcher says, "Running but dialog queue standstill"...

Kindly help me...

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Daniel,

Please check using the SAPDBA tool.

Regards,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot... but will i ever be able to login to sap system because i get this dispatcher problem....

anyway, i shall try the sapdba tool and let you know the status soon....

Thanks,

Danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Danny donot worry........ Such things do happen in SAP

Check the SAPDBA tool and let me know.

Regards,

Suhas