cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in Making IDOC as External Def

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have imported the IDOC From R/3 to XI ( IR ).

If i changed the Occurence of one segment say 0unbounded to 01 by exporting the IDOC into notepad and imported as External def.

Q1) Is ther any problem that having the 0--unbounded occurence at R/3 side and 0-1 occurence at IDOC structure in XI.

Q2) While Trigering the IDOC values from R/3 we may provide multiple lineitems but we have changed the structure to 0...1.How this will handle

How this will Effect???

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. There 1. There won't be any problem in this case

2. The scenario with multiple line items ll work in the following way: The idoc ll be received by the idoc adapter and checked for mapping.

- In the interface mapping, the idoc name from the Imported Objects will be used (No interface for Ext Def idoc has to be created). Based on this name the interface mapping ll be done.

- In message mapping, u have to select the idoc structure from External Definition. Accordingly multiple occurrence will be handled in mapping.

- In receiver determination again, the Idoc name should be used from the Imported Objects list

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

You mean to say that i have to use the Standard IDOC which is imported from R/3 for Interface mapping and the Receiver Det .

And in Mapping alone i have to use this occurence changed IDOC that is created as External Def.

Fine.........

Why we have to do like this. what is the reason behind this??

Regards

Suman

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. But as u r using Idocs for multimapping, BPM will be used

The reason is Idocs are only identified by the idoc adapted through the name and structure we import ijn Imported Objects.

And during mapping, this structure is not referred. And ur required resultant payload is created in the mapping step. Therefore the one from external definition has to be used there.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Q1) Is ther any problem that having the 0--unbounded occurence at R/3 side and 0-1 occurence at IDOC structure in XI.

Yes, there is. Message will not be valid against schema.

> Q2) While Trigering the IDOC values from R/3 we may provide multiple lineitems but we have changed the structure to 0...1.How this will handle

> How this will Effect???

you will get an exception

Regards,

Jakub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can u let me know which IDOC and which IDOC segment u r changing the occurance and what is the purpose of the change.

if u need to change the occurance then u can use the XML spy or Stylus studio for occurance change and import it as XSD in External definition.

Chirag

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

yes you can change the occurances... check below links

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

Sachin

Edited by: Sachin Dhingra on Mar 17, 2008 1:26 PM