cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the properties of Webdynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If i will copy an existing webdynpro project from NWDI to local drive (suppose d:\) .

After copying them if there is a need to change the project name or application name then how can i do that .

Can i do it in the d:\ drive or should i do it after importing it into new work space .

Thanks a lot .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just want a copy of the existing project into workspace?

Then you just need to change the project name and not the application name.

Go to your workspace and edit the .project file. Change the tag under <projectDescription>.

Give <name>GIVE YOUR NEW NAME HERE</name>

I am sorry. You have already posted the related query before. I guess the solution of mine is already addressed there.

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Mar 17, 2008 12:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks a lot for the reply . Actually I had posted the query before but not received any reply .

After changing the project name in <name> , i should give the new project name there , right ?

After that if i will import the project into my workspace with the new project name , will it be imported successfully .

Please reply .

Thanks a lot .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jain

You can COPY an exsisting project ,but you need to change the APPLICATION name

if not, you will ger error at the time of deployment, it means that there is already an application deployed on the server

so make a note that you need to change the appliation name

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Thanks a lot for the reply . Can ypu please tell me how can i change the application name .

Thanks .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ya, you need to change the application name. Even i did the same previously but forget to tell you. You will get the error as Chaitanya correctly said.

As i didnt find any rename option for application, I deleted the application and created with a fresh name and attached interface view to it.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Edited by: Manoj Kumar on Mar 17, 2008 12:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jain

Follow these Blogs

[Guide to Develop Applications using NWDI - Part 1|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4592] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Guide to Develop Applications using NWDI - Part 2|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/4613] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Note: there is no option to rename an application, so create a new application , please make the necessary changes in your code , fire plugs will generally effect if you chage the application.

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jain,

i have already answered this question in the previous thread posted by you.

You can click open the project folder. Over there you will find a .project file. Open it with notepad. it is in html.In that, under project description, you have project name , replace the old name by the new name.

Secondly, you will find a .ear file., sap project1.ear. If you want to rename your project to project.ear, just right click and rename. Then you can import the whole project into your system

Answers (0)