cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy control from quotation to sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

Though my quoation is incomplete it can be copied into sales order, kindly suggest me a so;ution where in incomplete quotaion cannot be copied into sales order.Kindly explain me teh setting in TCODE (VTAA) STEP BY STEP.

Regards

Sunaina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Copying control for sales documents is in Customizing, under Sales and Distribution - Sales - Maintain Copying Control for Sales Documents.

In this you can change the procedure by not selecting incomplete quotation for sales order, but this can be done only when some of the data in quotation is missing.

like dont give the validity date in quotation and save it before providing the validity date.

Maintaining an Incompleteness Procedure

An automatically-created quotation does not contain a Quotation-valid-to date. The customer's system requires this information for processing; therefore you have to add it to the quotation prior to saving the document, and before generating the message to the customer.

The incompleteness control is set up in such a way that the quotation is incomplete if this date has not been entered. In Customizing for Sales and Distribution, you choose Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Incompleteness Control for Sales and Distribution Documents, to assign sales document type QT (quotation) to incompleteness procedure 10, which contains the field for this check.

Message Control

The following message types have been created to Sales and Distribution (SD) in the vendor’s system:

· Message type AN00 for the quotation

· Message types POST and PNST for status inquiries

· Message types BA01 and BA02 for the order

confirmation and amendment respectively

· Message type LALE for the delivery

· Message type RD00 for the invoice

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

Why dont u apply Log of incompletion on Quotations where in the incomplete quotations cannot be saved.

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes i hav edone that in "incompletion procedure even then end user ignore it and save it and copy it into new sales order. any solution where in incomplete quoation should be copied into new sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i do it anil cos incomplete quotaion can be saved how is it possible . pls do explain

Former Member
0 Kudos

what u can do is jus check the "Incompleteness" check box in VOV8 so that the quotation to not get saved

Hope it helps

Reward if helps

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunaina,

Make sure user cannot save the incomplete Quotation through the incompletion precedure.

There is no fun in the copy control from the incomplete quotation to the sales order. So better apply incompletion log on Quotation not to save the incomplete one.

Cheers,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configure Log of Incompleteness Procedure for Quotation document as per ur requirement. And keep the Standard copy control settings in VTAA.

When ever u try to save a quotation without complete relevant data to be entered, the document status will show incompleted. When u enter the proper data in Quotation, then only the document status is complete. Then U can copy the quotation into sales order.

Thanks & regards,

Praveen