cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP MDM integration without using BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wanted to know, how to proceed for any work on EP MDM integration without using the MDM Business Package.

I understand that using the BP we can work on only standard components, if anything has to be customized how to go about it??What are the different ways in which we can proceed??

Also what are the steps like installations and all that needs to be carried out before starting the work??

I know that it can be done using Java APIs, Webdynpro and Guided Procedures, but which will be better and more easy to work on??

Thanks in advance,

Becky.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Becky,

Yes Java API, Webdynpro and Guided procedures can be used to integrate MDM with EP. MDM has provided certain webservice with the help of which you can perform activities such as create, update, search, etc.

For example you can refer to the link below:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a97ac6-c884-2910-c6ad-bae0de29...

You can then create a webservice model in webdynpro for the MDM webservice and integrate the Webdynpro application with portal.

If any more queries please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Seema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried to connect the MDM Web Services directly as a Guided Procedures callable object?

My impression so far is, that the Web Services response structure is a little too complex for this purpose. What do you think?

Regards,

Florian