cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in Import Adaptive RFC Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN,

I am trying to develop an application using Import Adaptive RFC Model, while creating a model i could not able to connect to the backend system after giving the single server parameters. When i click on the next button a pop up is displayed with an error message *"User Name or Password wrong" *.

But i could able to login to R/3 with the same userid and password from SAP logon pad.

Really i am at Six and Seven's to trace out this error. Please suggest me how to overcome this error and create the model succesfully.

Regards

Basha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai shaik,

just consult the basis team and they will resolve this issue for you.I was facing the same problem where they checked some configurations of username and passwd and resolved mine.so plz check out with them.They ll help you.

Thanks n Regards

Sharanya.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik Baji Basha ,

Is your problem resolved. If yes could you please specify where was the error? Just curious to know...

If not It could be a problem with your Netweaver developer studio. Does it use the correct version of lirfc32.dll?

Thanks & Regards

Veerabhadram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Veerabhadram :

I don't think it is the problem with NWDS because i could able to connect to other backed systems without any problem after giving the single server parameters. If possible can you tell me the path of NWDS log file to check it keenly for not able to import from this particular backend system.

Sharanya :

Our basis guys are trying their level best to resolve it but still didn't find any solution. If possible can you request your basis guys the solution. Extreem points will be awarded for your help and it may be useful to others also who are facing this problem.

Regards

Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

Did you check Windows->Show View->PDE Runtime -> Error Log ...

You can find NWDS related errors there.

Regards

Veerabhadram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for your support.

Atlast i resolved the problem by changing the password of the backend system from alphabets to digits. As i am using NWDS 7 may be the password is case sensitive and it is struggling to connect the backend sys 4.7 . When i reset the password to digits, it succesfully connected and imported the RFC.

Regards

Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shaik,

Here are some links which really fulfills your requirements.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/11f1f29526944e8580c5e59333d96d/content.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdjava/faq-Models-Adaptive+RFC&

These links will serve your purpose .If u find any problem please feel free to contact me .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With Warm Regards,

Rakesh Kumar Verma.

Edited by: rakesh verma on Mar 17, 2008 5:37 AM

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Apr 26, 2008 7:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen, Sharanya & Rakesh,

Thanks a lot for your support. But still i could not able to resolve it.

Praveen:

Can you clarify me wheather this JCO destinations are used during runtime or while developing the application? As i am not using the default destination how can i find my JCO's to configure without deploying the application in j2ee engine.

Sharanya:

Can you clarify me how can be the password problem as i could able to logon with same user id and password from the sap logon pad?

Rakesh:

In give link by you it clear written that:

"In the next wizard window, you enter your user data for the SAP System that contains the BAPIs from which you want to generate the proxies. You use it to log on to the SAP System online.

To be able to log on to the SAP System, it must be entered in the logon group."

I have already told you that i have entered the R/3 system in the logon group using Tcode: SMLG. Can you tell me why still i was strucked at that 4th step?

FYI : After entering the required details either in Single Server or Load balancing and when i click on the next button I could not able estabilish a connection to the backend R/3 and get the list of Bapi's or RFc's. Instead i am getting a pop up message "User Name or Password Wrong".

Please suggest me how to trace and reslove this error.

Regards

Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi basha...

Pls check the data u entered at the time of creation of adaptive rfc.

check the hostname ,system id,metadata model data.compare the system information with SAP GUI logon.

And check the JCo connection u created for the R/3 system there is an option to test the JCo connection ,if u don't have the rights to do that pls consult with the basis people.

And check the SLD connection also.

There is no other possibility...

Warm regards

Shanto Aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanto,

I have given the parameters as in the logon pad itself.

Still i could not able to proceed.

By the way to check or test the JCo connections first of all i have to create a model na. But i was hanged there itself.

At my knowledge after creating the model and deploying the application in j2ee engine then only we can test. so please guide me how to trace the error.

Regards

Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai shaik,

pz approach some basis guy to get this problem resolved as they will find if the passwd has expired if some other prob is existing and they will configure the same.

Thanks n Regards

Sharanya.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basha

Follow this [Thread|]

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen & Chaitanya

Thanks for your quick response and informative threads.

Actually in order to import an adaptive rfc model

I have right clicked the model node to create a model and given the model name,package name,model data and metadata names and clicked next button. Then in the next screen

Tab Strip -> Single Server:

Host name :

System Number :

client details:

Tab Strip -> Load balancing:

System :

Message Server:

System Name:

Group:

(in Tcode: SLMG i have added the group public also)

client details:

After entering the required details either in Single Server or Load balancing and clicked the next button I could not able estabilish a connection to the backend R/3 and get the list of Bapi's or RFc's. Instead i am getting a pop up message "User Name or Password Wrong". I could not able to proceed from here.

But with the same above parameters i could able to logon to R/3 from SAP Logon Pad. I have tried by giving the user name in Cap's and small letters but no use.

As i was strucked at the intial step while creating the model but not during the execution of the program, as far as my knowledge is concerned i think we no need to worry on SLD or JCO connections during the creation of the model. Please correct me if i am wrong and suggest me to rectify the error.

Regards

Basha

former_member485701
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem is not with your user and password.The JCO you are using is not configured correctly.If you have administrator access on the J2EE engine, then you can fix this issue.

Go to the content administrator of this engine and update the JCO with the right configuration. Following are the steps:

(1) on the content administrator page search for the JCO destination, which you are using.

(2) There are two JCO destination needed for RFC import. Default destinations are:

(a) WD_MODELDATA_DEST

(b) WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST

(3) If you are using these default destinations then search for these, and then click on maintain button to modify the configuration properties.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

When entering your credentials on the reimport, make sure you specify a language such as EN.

Thanks,

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

I have specifed language EN also. Still i couldn't proceed.

Thanks&Regards

Basha

former_member485701
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following things:-

(1) In J2EE Engine, Go to content administrator

(2) Please check the two JCO connections, which we need to access RFC.

(3) For each JCO connection you pass some user & password along with the

system information.

(4) Check that your JCO is configured for right backend, which you are connecting

during RFC import.

Regards,

Praveen