cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Time Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to do Availability Time Planning for my channel.

But i am not able to understand i should give One-time or Daily in that.

Actully my requirement is like my channel should start on 17th March 2008 morning 6 o'clock and then it should follow the polling interval which is specified in the channel configuration. So it will be the daily or one time?

Can any one help me out in this please?

Regards,

Hetal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These are the steps you should follow to set up the availability time planning for your channel,

Goto RWB--> Communication channel monitoring on the top rightmost corner you will find an option called "Availability Time Planning" Select that option it will pop anothe window where you can find the option to setup your channel available for particular time.

Now if you need to setup like you need get the file processed as and when it come, I dont think you need to use an option "Availability Time Planning", Bcas as you mentioned you need to process the files as per the poll interval specified in CC, you can use this option in addition if you know that you need to process the files only during particular instance of time.

The difference between "Ontime" and "daily" is the file will get processed only once i.e the first time and it will not process the file any longer but you can always re-run that option. But daily option provides you with a criteria where you can run the CC at the particular time daily.

I hope it is clear...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

reward points

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in ur case it will be "one time" as u need to start it on 17 at 6 pm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hetal:

If you give "one time", then your communication channel, will start and stop with in the time interval you have given but not continue with the poll interval given in communication channel. But what you can do is, once its starts on the your given date and time, you can manually stop the channel and activate again so that it continues with the poll interval.

If you chose "daily" you can give the time interval as 6:00AM to 5:59AM and the start date as 17th March 2008, it will also poll on the same poll interval you want working daily on the poll interval given in the communication channel.