cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time decomposition in discrete optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using discrete optimizer for planning the production. We are trying to use time decomposition in optimizer as the memory utilization at the time optimizer run is almost touching the threshold value. However we have noticed that when we use time decomposition, the opitimizer do not consider any discrete variables (seen from the trace file). It runs as a linear optimizer.

I wanted to check whether is it a standard behavior that when time decomposition is used, the discrete problem is converted in a linear problem ? Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried with v4.0 and couldn't get it to work.

The documentation says its supposed to work but I have not seen it work.

Maybe with v5.0 it will.

Let us know what you find out.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The decomposition methods are designed to be used with the discrete optimizer to enable a solution to be found with the more complex algorithms employed. In fact the Resource Decomposition can only be used with the Discrete method.

I would check your setup, if the discretization takes place without time decomposition set (i.e. all your master data and profiles are correct), and then does not when it is checked I would raise an OSS message.

Regards

Ian