EWA config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am new to Solution manager.

i have solman 4.0 SP12, ST_PI 2005_1_700

ST-SER 700_2007_1 0001 SAPKITLOM1 Service Tools,

SAPKITLQI5

I want to setup EWA for R/3 production system from my solution manager system 4.0 which i installed recently..

unfortunately my R/3 system is nonunicode, is there any restrictions for unicode to non unicode systems. and what are the configs do i need to do in R/3 system to work with EWA.

just i got to know that from 03march 08, there is some new concept in EWA. i am struggling with basic doubts:

1. how many RFC's do i need to create at solman system and

at R/3 system ( because i want Only EWA config (but

not changereuest maangent,sys monitoring etc.......).

2. I have alreay generated with the wizard. but it is showing four

RFC's ,

3. While configuing is it necesary to active conenction to OSS

Please Guide me

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Would just like to ask if you have any idea about the problem I am encountering in on eof our system. I wanted to create a new session data in tcode SDCCN, however it prompts there that " No Action is Possible" when I click on "create" icon.

Do you have any idea here?

No action possible

Message no. S1899

Diagnosis

This message is used in variable form, that is, it is not possible to specify additional information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No action is possible means that SDCCN wasn't activated correctly. The procedure to fix this (deactivating and then reactivating SDCCN) is described in note 763561, question 5.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Your such a big help, I haven't seen this sap notes before. I really appreciate your assistance. Now our SDCCN is working successfully.

Please let me know on how I can give you rewards. Thanks again and hope to work with you soon.

Regards,

Jaypee

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. how many RFC's do i need to create at solman system and

at R/3 system ( because i want Only EWA config (but

not changereuest maangent,sys monitoring etc.......).

Ans : 2 RFC

2. I have alreay generated with the wizard. but it is showing four

RFC's ,

You will be using one with ending BACK and TRUSTED if i remember correct

3. While configuing is it necesary to active conenction to OSS

Yes it is required .. you have to maintain SDCC_OSS in satellite system .. I think its created when you activate SDCCN ..

Thanks,

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created RFc's manually in my solman system and in satelitte system with sap_all, sap_new profiles. when entered a tcode SDCCN in satellite system it is showing: Transaction SDCCN does notexist.

Q1: y i dont have SDCCN tcode?

When i enter SDCC.in satelitte system, it is showing:

service definition Refresh in progress....

Then after

Remote refresh of Service Definitions (through RFC to SAPOSS) failed...

And in solman system if i click EWA report with RED FLAG.

it showing:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number: 3000000000108

here when i click "Call Service Data Controller"

the message it displayng is:

Unable to reach remote system. No authorization to logon as trusted system (Trust

What is this trust...i have already created same named users in both systems and same password and assgned through sm59.(manually). What was wrong with me....

Thanks in advance..

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to decativate SDCC.

Check these tutors,

[SDCCN Local Activation|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700008968942004E.sim]

[Task Handling Background job|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001581382005E.sim]

[Task Handling|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700008968952004E.sim]

[Scheduling EWA|https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001581372005E.sim]

This will Solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Edited by: Raguraman C on Mar 17, 2008 7:38 AM

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> [http://...] when entered a tcode SDCCN in satellite system it is showing: Transaction SDCCN does notexist.

> Q1: y i dont have SDCCN tcode?quote}

If SDCCN is not available, that means the system has not a current version of software component ST-PI installed.

SDCCN was first shipped around 2004, it replaces SDCC.

You need to apply the most current version of

• ST-A/PI 01K_, SAP Note 69455 (after applying ST-A/PI, you can execute report RTCCTOOL, which shows all required activites)

• ST-PI (including Support Packages), SAP Note 539977

See also SAP Note 91488, which explains all technical prerequisites to process Service Sessions (SAP GoingLive Check, EarlyWatch Alert)

Best regards,

Ruediger Stoecker

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solution manager execute SPRO, gives you the step by step configuration.

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This thread should be helpful

Shaji