cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Recruiting: Batch Creation of Applicants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following questions and would really appreciate if anyone could help:

1) My job portal is an external system and I need to import in the applicants into E-Recruiting. I know E-Recruiting does not have a BDC concept. So how should I do it? Is there a standard function module/program which I can call to create the application and necessary relationship tables like HRP5102?

2) In infotype HRP5102, for the Status field, there are two possible values for 'released' mode (1 and 2). What is the difference?

3) In infotype HRP5102, for the ISTAT field, what does the different status value means?

Will appreciate if there are any documentation on it as online help did not elaborate much.

Many thanks.

william

Edited by: William Toh on Mar 16, 2008 9:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello William,

for question 1:

E-recruiting is does not support an complete interface for data maintenance like the BAPIs of the Business Partner. It has carious service classes to support customer developments but replacing the whole candidate frontend by a non sap solution will generate very huge expenses.

I am not sure why you do not want to use the frontend delivered with e-recruiting. It can be integrated into company web appearance which would be much easier and probably cheaper,too.

Perhaps you can highlight some reasons / restrictions which lead to the conclusion that you can't use the sap delivery here.

for question 2:

The reason for the 3 domain keys for only 2 values is a historical one. When the development of e-recruiting started the status management for candidates had 3 different value based on the assumption that candidates will be in the pool for a lon period of time:

- "not searching" - a candidate which has been in contact with the company but for any reason does not currently look for a new position, e.g. he just changed jobs. of course he stays in the system for identifying former contacts and perhaps in a year or 2 he is interested in a job again.

- "passive searching" - a candidate which is more or less satisfied with his current employment but won't complain about an new offer for a new challaging task or enough cash

- "active searching" - a candidate who is really unsatified with his current job and will take any acceptable offer

Anywhen SAP came to the conclusion that these 3 candidate states are very difficult to handle. In the end most candidates will take a new job if you put enough money on the table. So SAP changed the candidate status to "I only want to be checked on the positions I choose" (= profile locked) and "If you think you have a job I might fit just feel free" (= profile released). It seems that SAP was not really sure where they used 1 or 2 so they just gave both keys the same description. Within coding profile status is usually checked against key 0 with EQ or NE.

for question 3:

The standard HR components use a status concept for some of the objects e.g. an organizational unit can have different states (planed, requested, activ, ...) and the relation to other objects derive this concept. As all HR components use the same database structures e-recruiting infotypes have this field in their key structures, too. But e-recruiting does not use this concept so this field always should be 1 in all datasets.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

For question (1)

I am not really replacing the entire E-Recruiting frontend. My E-Recruiting and HR are sitting within a single instance. And due to security reasons, I am not able to put E-Recruiting into the internet level. As such, my organization has its own non-sap E-Recruiting application at the internet level. However, when an applicant sends an application via the non-SAP application, we want to build an interface program to simulate and create the application in SAP E-Recruiting for processing and shortlisting purposes. But I am not sure what are all the SAP E-Recruiting relationships/tables which I need to update in order to create an application within SAP E-Recruiting successfully. I am hoping to have a BADI which I can call in my program to auto-create those relationships.

For question (2)

I have manually created several candidates and applications in the SAP E-Recruiting and I noticed that the 5102->Status field at times appear '1' and at times appear as '2'. I could not understand when the system assign what value and what does it means.

Appreciate if you could enlighten.

Thanks,

William

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello William,

For 1:

I think I can understand your requirement but i am not sure if there is an easy solution. E-Recruiting offers no interface for linking the application to another frontend. There are no BAdIs to implement or BAPIs for direct call of service functions. You will face the problem to develop a mapping between your old application and e-recruiting based on the e-recruiting classes completely on your own.

The effort needed will depend on the decision if you link the systems online or if you try to exchange data periodically but still it will be a huge development project as you do not only create an application. You need complete candidate, user, bp, ... data and for an application you also need the back channel to get requisition information into your current tool. I am not sure if it is possible to solve this at all (depends on your needs and the tool you want to use). But I think the development will cost you a number of days having 3 figures.

If the only reason for not using standard frontend is the internet connection to the e-recruiting system you should perhaps check the available installation scenarios for e-recruiting. A standalone e-recruiting is often much easier to implement and the server can placed nearer to the internet than the hr core system, the data exchange between standalone erec and hr core can be made really secure. If integration is real a must you should have a look to teh 2 server installation scenario where you use a WebAs as a proxy in the firewall connecting to the integrated hr installation via trusted rfc.

For 2:

I think noone including the hole development staff for e-recruiting knows when the system uses candidate status 1 and when it uses 2. As said the status defines if the candidate released his profile for pool search. This is just programmed against the 0 key. The programmers always check against this key. If you want to know if the profile is locked you check status=0 if you want to know if it is released you check status<>0. This is no optimum situation but there is no differnce between value 1 and 2.

Best Regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I read your thread and have a question. If we have E-REC and ECC6 (HR) installed on the same instance, and that server sits behind our firewall, how do external users connect to the system to view job openings?

William mentions a security risk because his HR data would need to sit in a vulnerable spot. Isn't there a way to keep your HR data safe behind your firewalls and still use E-REC with an integrated scenario?

Thanks

Shane

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shane,

for this requirement SAP offers the 2 server scenario / landscape for e-recruiting.

This scenario is available for the WebDynpro frontend for candidates. It consists of a frontend server which stores no other data than the users for the candidates and works as a kind of proxy. The backend server which is in your case the HR system is respondible for the keeping all data.

The frontend server can be placed in a network segment wich is accessable for external request usually anywhere in the DMZ. This server does all comminication with the candidate. The fronend server puts and gets all data from the backend server via trusted rfc connection. This way the backend server (= hr system) can stay in a secure part of the network which is not accessable through the internet.

Best regards

Roman Weise

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Question 1.

The classes starting with CL_HRRCF_CANDIDATE* can help you in creating the candidate in an automated way.

You can build an RFC which can take the information from your external system in the form of an XML file. In the RFC, convert the XML file into internal table using simple transformations and then using the methods from the above classes to create the candidate in an automated way.

You can even expose the RFC as a web service.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thanks

Naresh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

I have a similar requiremnt now, now my client wants to have a interface between a external recruitment portal to SAP EREC.

How did u achieved this? Here external portal is developed in Dot net.

I got a class to create a candidate, but how to create a application ?

Our client just want to create a application based on applications recieved on external system.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravi