Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to pick file starting with a particular name in file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in scenario file2file if suppose i want to pick up files starting alone with s

example there are file name starting with s1.xml,s2.xml,a1.xml,b.xml,c.xml ,i want to get the file picked up starting with s only .

please suggest me which parameter should i use.

regards

raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

for the file name jus mention S* and it will pick all the file starting with "s"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If u want to pick up ur file only starting with S then u can use exclusive mask option in file adapter which will exclude all the file which is not starting with S name.

Refer the below link for more details.

Exclusion Mask:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

thnx

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If u want to pick up ur file only starting with S then u can use exclusive mask option in file adapter which will exclude all the file which is not starting with S name.

Refer the below link for more details.

Exclusion Mask:

/people/mickael.huchet/blog/2006/09/18/xipi-how-to-exclude-files-in-a-sender-file-adapter

thnx

chirag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in the file name field give the file name as S* so it will pick the files with the starting name s.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to pick the files from a particular directory starting with a particular filename, then you can use the option like

"s*.xml" as the file name in the option provided in the file adapter.

If it is always going to be xml file the provide "s.xml" if not provide s it will pick all the files starting with s, but you always keep in mind that the input file structure defined in XI should match the file structure.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the filename give the name as "s.xml" (without quotes) if they have .xml extension. If they have different extension give it as "s.*"