Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oppurtunites in SAP ABAP for java programmer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i have close to 2+ yrs esperience in java development. What is my carrer oppurtunities in ABAP. Anyone having experience please reply.Thank you......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As far as i know thre is no similiarity between ABAP and JAVA.But you are a programer and ABAP is a object oriented programing language . there are lot of opportunities for JAVA Professional in ABAP & SAP-Netweaver . If you wants to know some thing more go to http://help.sap.com

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know thre is no similiarity between ABAP and JAVA.But there are lot of opportunities for JAVA Professional in SAP-Netweaver which quite good as well. So i advice u to shift to Netweaver SAP.

0 Kudos

Thanks sandeep.....but i have one more query....ABAP is the language for SAP...isnt it ? Then What is SAP-netweaver ...and what it does...what a java proffessional do in netweaver....if any site is there....plz link me....thank you...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As far as i know thre is no similiarity between ABAP and JAVA.But you are a programer and ABAP is a object oriented programing language . there are lot of opportunities for JAVA Professional in ABAP & SAP-Netweaver . If you wants to know some thing more go to http://help.sap.com

0 Kudos

can you tell me please how can i switch without knowing anything about abap or netweaver and right now i dont have even time to go for institutional training for them. i can only learn something on my own online only...Thank you..

0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for give me points, if you have your own PC . then install SAP server . follow the book ABAP IN 21 DAYS .

AND GIVE ME YOUR MAIL ID I ALSO SENDING YOU ABAP material ..........

that helps you .

if helpful give reward poimts

Regards,

pankaj vashista

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't waste your time to learn ABAP . You can give emphasis in portal development.