cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free of charge item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD Gurus,

We have a scenario where Accessories will be given as Free for a Main Product Item sold.The Accessories should follow the normal standard SD Process Flow for delivery but no billing.

How is this free item's Cost roll-up to the Main Product Item.How to do it.

Please help me in this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunil,

if you want to roll up the cost of free item to main item, then you need to go to VTFL- copy control from delivery to billing > at the item level ie say the free item's item category is TANN, click on that. Now you at the right side bottom you will find a check box for Cummulate cost, tick it. This will transfer the component item's cost to the main item.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The free item also will be priced as the normal item, but finally 100% discount will be given because of the condition type R100 in the pricing procedure. You can see the adding of cost of the free good also in the Header conditions.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

actually, many ways to do this. but a simple way is to process your accessory as a free item is by determining its item category in the sales order as TANN. you can do this by:

1. entering your accessory as a line material in the sales order and manually changing the item category into TANN or

2. defining your own item category group, assigning it to your accessory in the material master, and making assignments such that the combination of sales order type + item category group will determine TANN or

3. you can include your accessory in the BOM, and like in #2 make assignments so that TANN is determined or

4. you can determine that the accessory has '0' price (but i have not really tried this)

5. you could do Free Goods Determination using VBN1.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 16, 2008 1:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan,

Actually i have tried all these Processes but my only problem is how to roll up the cost of the free goods to the main item.How to achieve the same.Thanks for your valuable input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

actually, the cost of the free item is still recorded in SAP. when you post goods issue, the free item's cost will still be reflected in the system. you can confirm this by clicking on documents flow, and then to the goods issue item. the material document used for this will display the cost-of-sales to include the free item.

if your item categories have been configured to 'determine costs', then the condition type VPRS will be displayed in the Conditions tab of your sales documents.

regards.