Free Goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know that SAP can setup free goods determination as below:

SO. 12345

Item 1 Mat. A 50 pc

Item 2 Mat. B 50 pc

Mat. A and Mat. B has same material group (material group ZZZ) and I would like system to automatic determine free goods item in SO. Now I can setup free goods master for material group ZZZ for buy 100 free 1 but in SO, system not determine free goods item.

Best regards,

Jr.SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

c boss SAP doesnot provide this in its std process,

but your poblem can be seend with the help of USER EXIT.

thx

Navneet Gautam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for all answered.

Best regards,

Jr.SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sasi,

if you think the query has been answered then please reward all useful contributions and mark the thread as answered, as contributors can look into those unanswered threads.

regards

sadhu kishore

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sasi,

1:2 or 2:1 free goods is not supported in standard SAP. As far as bonus buy is concerned i guess it does nt work in R/3. I tried to but.... may be some one has got it....

check this for more info on

[Bonus Buy|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/9e/36a3eaf8cd11d2ae03080009d2232d/content.htm]

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

SAP ERP standard does not support free goods for a combination of goods sold (e.g buy 50 A and 50 B get 1 free). only a buy Material C get free Material D type is supported.

however, your requirement might be met if your company is using IS-Retail under the 'bonus buy' functionality.

if such is not the case, i would suggest you go for a simple BOM (usage 5). the BOM may look something like this:

higher level item: C

component 1: 50 pcs A

component 2: 50 pcs B

then, you make free goods determination as 'buy 1 C get 1 D free.

this is just a general idea, but i hope it will help you.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Could you explain concept of bonus buy? I saw that in configuration but don't know how to create bunus buy master. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jr.SD

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sasi

Bonus buy is used in SAP RETAIL .but the customizing is done in IMG-> sales and distributution -> basic functions- > bonus buy.

The concept of bonus buy is that

Example 1:Buy CDs on a particular rack cost RS.5/- each, but you offer any three for Rs10/-

Example 2 :When a customer buys three CDs that are on special or one particular CD, you take 10 % off the price of any compact disc player.

I hope now you are clear with the concept

Reward points if useful

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

Free goods determination in SAP allows to add same material as a new item or add quantity of free goods to same line item.

Adding different material at item level as a free will call for customization. You will have to create a customized utility which look at the items and add a ZZZ material through BDC.

I think this is also not possible at user exit level as user exit wil come into picture when save button is clicked and hecne again going to BDC and doing all the functions as new item is added is difficult.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Sandeep