cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll Back in MDM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am working in MDM 5.5 SP06. I have a process for record modification. I want to roll back the modification

if the modification is dis-approved. But when I check-out the records in the Start Step the Roll back functionality

does not work, However, when I don't check out the records during the Start process the Roll back works.

Is this the way it should behave ? I think there is a problem here.

Thanks in advance

RJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

I think the workflow is not working as desired in your case.

You are saying that when you check out your records the roll back is not working,which should not be the case .

When you check out the records in the start step it should allow you to either check in those records or roll back the changes in the stop step.

If it is allowing you to rollback the changes without checkout.how will you save the save the changes(Check in)just in case you want to do that,as your records are not check out so it will no allow you to check in to save the changes.

So it prooves that this should not be the desired behaviour.

This is probably happening because you are trying to divide part of your records as check out and part as checkin by approving or disapproving the records.

I dont think we can assign two functionalities (check out and check in) for the same set of rec in the same stop step.As they belong to the same workflow.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Simona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the workflow will behave in this manner. however if you want to roll back those records put a stop step with rollback functionality. It is not allowing you to roll back becoz the records are still in workflow so either complete workflow or complete workflow directly with roll back in stop.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Alok

Thanks for the reply. I am doing exactly what you are saying.

In the start step of the workflow I check-out the record and in the stop of the workflow I roll-back . In this case the roll back does not work and the record is saved which should not be the case.

If I dont check-out the record in the start step and then try to roll-back in the atop step , it does work.

All this is a modify on an existing record.

Thanks

RJ