cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The approval step in MDM workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am working on MDM 5.5 SP06, trying to model a process on MDM worflow. The way I see the approval step is that there is no way for an Approver to dis-approve and stop the process. The Approver can only dis-approve and send it to the previous step, only to get it back. So if there is a stop step after the approval step, the only way to get to the stop step is when the approver approves it . Is this true? Can somebody confirm this ?

The way my business process works is that there is an approver , which when dis-approves stops the workflow.

How can I model this .

Thanks in advance

RJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

You use the process step in place of approve as said above. I do not think that It is possible using approve step.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try this out,instead of using approve step use Process(Approve Records)step.In console create a field say Status as type Boolean with values Yes(TRUE) and No(FALSE).In data manager(DM) create a validation for Status field(just check Stus field is not NULL and assigned to TRUE value)

Create the workflow as

Start-Process-Branch-Stop.

Process step is assigned to approver where Approver manually edits the Status field in DM.say Record R1 status =Yes and R2 status=No.

In Branch step under validation name enetr the Validation created for status field.If it passes the validation that is records are approved it moves to next step else if disapproved goes to stop.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

Could you solve your problem. If not then tell me or mail me at guptamber@gmail.com

Thanks,

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

An Approver is meant to approve and disapprove records and if the records are approved the records move forward to the next step and if they are disapproved they are kicked back to the previous step.

To move forward your approved records you need to split the approved and disapproved records. This way you can send your approved once to next step and disapproved once to previous step.

If you have some doubts you can go through the following link:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/8b57716c3a47b6e10000000a11466f/content.htm]

I hope I am able to solve your problem.

Regards

Dilmit Chadha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

What ever you have mentioned about the Approve step, MDM acts in the same way. If the records are disapproved by the approver, the are sent back to the previous step. Those records are then need to be modified to make them correct in order to approver them.

Hence those records need to be approved to reach the Stop Step.

However, I can suggest you a Workaround.I am not sure how much it will fit in your business requirement.

Try splitting the records when disapproved.Hence then the approved records are splitted from the ones which are disapproved, and they go ahead to complete the Workflow. You can then process the records which are Disapproved.

I feel the Workflows are meant to behave in such a way ( and MDM Workflow behave in that way) as some records will be correct and they should proceed ahead.

I hope it helps.

*Please reward points if found useful..

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls throw some light on the following:

Try splitting the records when disapproved.Hence then the approved records are splitted from the ones which are disapproved, and they go ahead to complete the Workflow.

How does one write a validation on approval status?

Thx & Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anybody suggest me how can validation be written to check the approval status in this scenario?

Thanks & Regards

Sireesha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sukant,

You do not need to write any validation on approve step. You can split the job when in set of records you have some approved records and some disapproved ones. It will split the WF into two jobs one containing approved and other containing disapproved records. The job containing approved records can be sent to next step.

Regrads,

Dheeraj.