cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize/Change ESS MSS WebDynpro Applications (ECC 5.0)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are trying to customize some of the ESS iViews. Our HR is in ECC 5.0. So all our webDynpro Applications reside in ECC 5.0 system. We tried to find out the WebDynpro application from the WebDynpro Console. Based on the name of the application we were able to find the application file system (code) in the ECC.

Now my question is whats the best way to modify those SAP delivered WebDynpro apps. How do i import it to NetWeaver Developer Studio and how do i redeploy the changed app?

Is there any document to do all these steps?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

You have to first install the JDI and configure the same.

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b0/ee3441d95dd92be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Next check the OSS Note 872892. This contains JDI Cookbook for ESS and the steps needed for modifying the Standard ESS scenarios.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

So do you think that there is no way to directly take a copy of the ESS WebDynpro application from ECC 5.0 system and import it into NetWeaver Developer Studio to make some changes to the application?

Please advice.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

First let us understand the design of ESS WebDynpro Applications in very brief to appreciate the need of JDI.

In ERP 2004 solution, SAP delivered the new ESS Solution that is WebDynpro based. To give all the ESS applications (including ESS country version services) similar UI they came up with a framework and called it FPM Framework.

FPM - The floorplan manager (FPM) is the central part of the XSS Business Package(along which its provided). It can be said to be the base of all self sevices. Any WebDynpro application that implements FPM is known as FPM Application. So all the ESS Applications in ERP 2004 are FPM applications.

FPM provdes 4 basic interfaces that are implemented by the Self Services WebDynpro Applications,

1) IVAC (for the Visual Application Component - Vc)

2) IBLC (for the Business Logic Component - Fc)

3) IXssAppConf ( for the Configuration Component - Cc)

4) IFPM (It gives the self service application access to the FPM and its utility classes)

All these above interfaces are provided with FPM Development Component xssfpm. Apart from this there are some other central components that are used by many ESS application which are provided in xssutils DC.

All the ESS WebDynpro application use the above two components in the Used DC section of their dc.

If you want to modify any ESS Application, you need to have the source code of these XSS DC's as well in your Design Time, else it will give you build errors.

For this you need to have a JDI setup since the ESS and XSS are provided in two different tracks of DTR.

As far as I know because of the used dependency of ESS Applications, using JDI is the best (and only) option to modify the ESS WebDynpro Applications.

And then implementing the JDI, helps in version management plus lot of other advantages which you can find in SAP Help.

Hope this helps in some basic understanding of Self Service Applications and the need to use JDI.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

We want to apply OSS note 873702 to fix one of the problem in MSS reporting web dynpro application. We copied the component we want to change into local webdynpro project and made the source code changes (source code changes in this note are really simple - 2 lines). But now we are getting build errors.

You have mentioned below that : 'If you want to modify any ESS Application, you need to have the source code of these XSS DC's as well in your Design Time, else it will give you build errors.'.

What do you mean by source code? We have already added jar files from pcui_gpxssfpm, pcui_gpxssutils, pcui_gpoadp and mssrpt SDAs we located on server. But we still have some errors. Do you mean we also need to add src.zips from these SDAs into our local webdynpro project?

Any other help in implementing this note will also highly appreciated. Is there any documentation I should refer to for this?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,

Hemant Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Can you please post some of the errors you are having in a different post.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham

Thanks for the info. This gave me a clear understanding of ESS apps. I still have some more doubts, but i will get back to you if cannot resolve them.

Regards

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Hi Shubham,

I think u are the right person to clear my doubts for FPM.

I want to customize MSS(PCR) using Floor Plan Manager , But have no idea about hoe to install FloorPlan Manager & hoe to use it ?

Wheather it is along with our Businesspackage for MSS but i didnt find anything related to FPM there?

Can u help me out of this??

Thanks,

Smita

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

Now a days i am trying build some WD-ESS Applications(Customized), what are the prerequistes we have to take before going for Developement..(System setup)

What is good way to customize the ESS applications..Please Suggest me, i read ur thread, i think u also worked on the same..

How to approch to start the WD Developement

Please give ur Inputs...

Thanks In advance

Krishna

Answers (0)