cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOMs do not appear on picking lists

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, First post! I notice that when I print a sales order and picking list, any Sales BOMs that are on the sales order do not appear on the pick list. I think I understand correctly that this is because the sales BOMs are non-stock items, but for our purpose it is fine and important that we are able to show all the line items on a pick list.

I am using SAP 2007 PL5. Thank you. Jason

Edited by: Jason Stansfield on Mar 15, 2008 4:09 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you already realize why the Sales BOM does not show on the pick-list. The only option is to write a Query and create a Query Print layout where you can select all Items on the Sales Order.

The system will not have a way to make this work through any setting.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

would any of the BOM types (Production or Template) be able to appear on a pick list? I am not sure why SAP has this functionality given that a sales BOM insofar as I understand it, is just a collection of items which are actually stocked. In most cases out Sales BOMs do not even require any assembly.

If the only way that this can be achieved is through a query print layout would any of the experts be able to offer any help on creating the query as my SQL is not so strong?

Many Thanks

Jason

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answering your question, Any Item whether BOM or NOT if defined as an Inventory Item can appear in a Pick list.

I might be able to help you with the SQL, if you give me the complete details

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

I am sitting in a similar position where we need to output which components on the Pick List belong to a BOM. I do not know what info you may need - but if you could guide me with coding this. My problem is that with the SAP Print program, it only uses data from LTAP - I cannot find anything that I can use to see which one belongs to a BOM.

Thank you,

Priyesh.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priyesh

I seem to understand your question partially. But I would request that you post your question as a new thread and also explain with an example if possible

Suda