cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am setting up alerts based on the alert configuration steps provided.

1. Created an alert category using ALRTCATDEF.

2. Set up the rules in RWB.

3. Changed the settings in Configuration to "HIGH" for the business systems and Integration server.

4. Updated frequency of monitoring in End-End monitoring.

5. Sceduled the background job "SXMSALERT_PROCESS_DATA_GET".

But I am not able to see the alerts popping into my Inbox.

But when I trigger them manually using the report "RSALERTTEST", I am able to see the alerts come into my Alert Inbox.

Also while setting up the update frequency in End-to-End monitoring, it has to automatically schedule a job "SPI_PS_ASSEMBLE_DSP"

but I don't see this job scheduled..

What could I be missing??

-Ken

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashanth,

But when I do the follwing steps for End-To-End Monitoring set up, and change the frequency in further settings, the pgm SPI_PS_ASSEMBLE_DSP does not get scheduled!!!

I am not able to schedule it manually also..Could it be a root cause for the alerts not triggering??

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Do you knwo what an SPI_TRANSPORT job does?? This job is running every 5 minutes..

Teresa

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I am not quite sure your message got posted.I can see ur signature alone..:)

Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

did you check these michal's weblogs on alert configuration and troubleshooting ?

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

hope this helps..

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..I did follow these but as I said "SPI_PS_ASSEMBLE_DSP" JOB never gets automatically scheduled. This hsould have got scheduled when I set up my end-end monitoring update frequency settings ..Every time I run the manual triggers the alerts are popping into the Alert Inbox..I am not sure what I am missing..Any roles or auth missing...??

Any advise..

-Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing the same issue and being lesser the SP14 has been troublesome. The job SPI_PS_ASSEMBLE_DSP not gettign scheduled eventhough maintaining the frequency in End-To-End monitoring, is it due to End-To-End set up not complete??

Is there a check list to check if End-To-End monitoring is setup properly?

Any help is appreciated..

-Teresa