cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing TVDIR-entry when transporting a whole package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I created a new transport request and then added all objects of a package into this transport. I did so in SE80 reight-clicked on the package and selected "write transport entry". This worked fine and also the import on the client system worked fine. But i could not access my views using transaction SM30 cause the needed entries for my vies in the table TVDIR were not added to the transport.

Is there a way to extract the content of a package to a transport that includes these required entries like TVDIR TDDAT and so on?

Cheers

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

It seem's you did'tadd the views to th TP, you can check the contents of the TP fron SE01 before relesing it.

Now try to add all the table's and views to the new TP and move it across. I hope this may solve your problem.

Regards,

Hari.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You can transport TVDIR entries manually.

Use t-code SM30 with view V_TVDIR.

You can find more details in note 42865.

Regards,

Haegeun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

While using the option Write Transport Entry did you choose the option Transport package or Transport all the objects. You need to select Transport all objects.

regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit

I did select the option "all objects". IT does include all objects, but not the TVDIR-entry. I suspect that it selects all objects with a object catalog entry of said package. Hence there are no TVDIR-Entries because these are just lines in a table but no objects with an object catalog entry.

Cheers

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Markus,

I'm facing the same problem right now and found in the past a report to generate the TVDIR and TDDAT entries with a report for the complete package. Unfortunately I can't find that report anymore. I was searching the web and within SDN for a while without result.

Is there someone how knows the report I'm talking about? Or has a different idea. I have to send our development from one system landscape to another (20 Packages / 70 Table Maintenance Views).

Regards,

Matthias