cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURPOSE OF NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u please explain the purpose of NWDI as adeveloper point of view?

thanks

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDI is SAP biggest stupid idea they had from the java point of view. Only problems, instable and no chance to work on your preferred development tools! It's like going into a jail! Better you do not ask about what it is and be happy that you do not have to use it!

In my current project, we try to set up a project for development in NDWI since 2 weeks! We have not spent one minute on the requirements just because this stupid tool is such a buggy big black box without any good working documentation!

All the customers i met are unhappy, the developers have big headaches and the development itself is extrem slow! Why SAP is not able to stay away from stuff, where they do not have any idea!

Edited by: Andreas Halbig on Apr 10, 2008 8:56 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Plaease tell me what are the components f NWDI and and purpose of each component.

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

This link is a perfect place to start reading about the NWDI: [SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI)|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/javaee5?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f6eb8e9e-0901-0010-8abb-cba5279db9b6] [original link is broken];

In short the NWDI comes with the following components:

CMS - Change Management Service (Transport your Java objects etc)

DTR - Design Time Repository (your source code repository. This is where you check- in/out your files from NWDS Netweaver Developer Studio)

CBS - Component Build Service (Builds your components and creates deployable archives)

Regards

Gu00F6ran

Edited by: Gu00F6ran Westin on Mar 17, 2008 4:56 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NWDI is used to develop Java applications and transport them through your landscape. Without NWDI you will need to do that manually.

Markus