cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special stock E is not supported ( error in returns delivery)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

While we are doing the returns delivery, we are getting the error " Special Stock E not supported (check your entry)

Message no. M7146

Diagnosis

The specified objekt (Special Stock E) is not supported."

This is an M.T.O scenario

In the returns order the requirement type is 'KE"

can u pls tell me how the requirement type is determined at sales order level. Can it be changed manually.

How the strategy group is linked to requirement type.

Pls give the solution

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth

First of all, please clarify my doubt. When you made sales, you can assign the stock to a particular order but when it comes to returns, why do you go MTO scenario?? Stock should either be posted to Quality or Unrestricted depending upon the Management's discretion.

Moreover, I dont know what movement type you have configured for returns. If it is 651, then I dont think, it will support for special stock "E". May be you can try with 653E.

Moreover for returns, I am sure, your order type, item category and schedule line category would be different in which case, you can control through your item category and schedule line.

If this is not clear, please throw more light on what exactly you maintain (like item category, schedule line, movement type etc) for returns.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmipathi,

Thanks for the reply.

The item category is REN

Schedule line category is DN

movement type is 651

If the stock posts to unrestricted or in returns also no problem,

The main problem is we are not able to do the post goods receipt for this.

The requirement type determined in returns order is KE. Is this causing any error. The strategy type is 20 ( M.T.O production ) for this material

Pls give the inputs what to be done

Regards

Srikanth.G

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth

Instead of using 651, please maintain movement type 655 for your schedule line category DN in VOV6 so that the rejected stocks will be blocked for Quality clearance.

To my knowledge, for returns, we should not use Special Stock "E" which will not work.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Looks like exactly the scenario I faced, though mine was a case of MTO Configurable Material.

The answer to this is that Returns Delivery is not supported in SAP for Configurable Material. You will need to use the 'Material Variant' route to address this. Create a new Material with exactly the same Characterstic values as the Original Configurable Material (There are some important settings to be done in the Material Master, for which, checkout help.sap.com on Material Variant topic).

Create the Returns Order using the Material Variant as also the Returns Delivery. If you intend to do a 'Subsequent Delivery Free of Charge', you will need to use this Material Variant.

Regards

Ramana ND