cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Originals naming in dms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue in SAP DMS, that when I upload the file, the name of file is not appearing and instead of that application name is coming. Is there any program in sap standard which can show the filename and not application name.

Kindly help me out from this issue.

Regards,

Punam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Punam,

the mentioned note 1015165 is useful to get sure that the file name is displayed properly in the original area in the DMS transaction CV02N, CV03N.

However if you upload an original please note that you have to fill the description field as well. This description depends on the logon language. This means if you maintain a description in english and logon in another language the original description is not displayed but the name of the workstation application. So you have to maintain a description for every used logon language. But this can only be done manually if you are logged on in the specific language.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear chritoph

i am facing a issue that, when original is attched ti dir and checked in, system generates internal number to this particular file, which appears under file name colum, is there any solution by which we can control this internal naming, any badi, user exit ??

thanks in advance

thanks and regards.

mandar sathe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please apply note 1015165 for displaying file name.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you are missing some columns....

Where are you checking In the document..

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps..