cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External number range for Billing Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you please let me know how to get the external number for the invoices? I know there is no standard way but if there is a way around to determine it. And the external number should be first 2 places are alphanumeric and dynamic and the next 2 places are also alphanumeric but constant and the rest of the digits should be a serial number of length 7. So, the total length of the number range should be 11. Please let me know if there is way to determine it this way.

Example:

AB + HY + 1000001

CD + HY + 1000002

Like wise.....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gangi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have similar requirement, can you please help how you solve this issue becuase we are not able to find the right solution for this issue.

Anticipating early reply.

Please help in this

Regards

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

you can define your number ranges using VN01. in here, you can set up alpha numeric ranges and specify external.

technically, you can assign this set to the billing type using VOFA.

however, it is not best practice to assign external number ranges to billing types, as it is possible to 'jump' the sequence of the numbering. you do want to keep track of the sequence of billing docs.

a possible exception is if you have an external billing software which generates a number, which you will then capture in SAP. barring exceptions, it is best to retain internal assignment.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just want to know that if you have followed the standard procedure in VOV8 .

to give external invoice numbers only rather than internal invoice numbers.

in the customization of the invoice type, in SPRO you can follow the changes you want in the config of invoice type.

select the external number range and give your own number range.

hope it works out for you.

regards,

Siddharth.