cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for empty payloads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy,

We have a scenario of R/3XIFILE. The output files have headers and the payload. I need to check if payload is empty then I need NOT generate the output file but invariably it calls in the receiver determinations , picks up the headers from the content conversion of comm. channel and outputs the empty files with headers alone. I need to find a way to restrict this action.

Any ideas...

-Teresa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Teresa,

if you are using a BPM then you can use a switch step to write a file only if payload is not empty.

i.e in a switch branch send a message to sed step only if payload is not empty in the first branch otherwise do nothing(otherwise branch).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not using BPM but a simple file interface..Is there a solution without BPM?

-Teresa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why dont you do a count. I am assuming you are expecting to see more than one detail node inside your xml message.

Thus, count the number of detail records you will receive. If the number is less than 1, abend the program, throw an exception or do something else.

Dmitriy