cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference between VL10 and VL01 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to understded the baisic difference between these two with aim of deciding which one is better over the other in case we use them to create delivery.....we manually plan to create deliveries but not sure which is best ....my understanding is that we can use VL10 if we have lots of order that we want to process in bulk on basis of a shipping point....and if if want to process delivey for each order one by one....then VL01 is good enough....but I am not very sure of the real purpose of VL10 any guidence is helpful....

Thanks

Rajey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

VL10 transaction use for collective delivery that means if same customer has many orders then we can regroup into one delivery using VL10 Transaction.

and also you can create many deliveries at a time ,there are few advannatage if you see help on VL10 Transaction.

Thanks

Seshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your inputs

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

VL10 is almost similar to Delivery due list. Here we can give lot of selection criteria and execute the program. On execution it will give us the list of sales orders which pass the selection criteria and are due for delivery. In this list, we can select the sales orders and then create deliveries.

As this can create deliveries based on some selection criteria, this tcode can also be used to trigger automatic delivery creation through background jobs for a particular variant. In most of the cases either VL04 or VL10 is used for this purpose.

VL01 is used for creating delivery document from a single shipping point (while in VL10 we can give many shipping points) for only one in delivery date(which again can have morethan one deliveyr date in VL10). Hence this can only be used for creation of few deliveries from only one sales order at once. So creation of dleivery for multiple sales orders is not possible through VL01. The new tcode of VL01 is now VL01N(VL01 is obsolete)

Hope this clears your doubt.

You can reward if this helps you