Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ10 maintennace for Instance profile

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I have recently installed SAP IDES ECC6 system. I don't know anything about post installation activities. I wish to know about RZ10 transaction and how to import a instance profile, and settings a FQDN parameters.

Why I am doing because i want to practice on BSP and WebDynpro . i don't have Basis friend to help me except you guys.

I know this only we need FQDN settings to run BSP and WebDynpro . can you please help me to set FQDN and other necessary settings in order to run BSP and WebDynpro applications. I am blank and my installation of ECC6 is also blank.. i have nt made any settings... please help me in step by step manner.. I will greatly appreciate your help and assures you any help will be appreciated.

Thanking you

Regards

Naeem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naeem

To Import profiles after installation of your IDES.

1) Login to SAP

2) Enter T-Code RZ10

3) Click on Utilities -> Import Profiles -> Of Active Server

Check if any inconsistencies, either paste the output or rectify yourself if any.

What is that you want to know of FQDN? What is your OS.

Shaji

naimkhans_babi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

in host file

10.10.10.1 ecc6

i have maintain the host this way.

I want to run BSP and WebDynpro Applications

MY OS is Windows 2003 Application Server

during the import i have seen so many profiles, Now i want to know which file to select

Edited by: Naim Khan S Babi on Mar 15, 2008 12:06 PM

Edited by: Naim Khan S Babi on Mar 15, 2008 12:06 PM

Edited by: Naim Khan S Babi on Mar 15, 2008 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

in host file

10.10.10.1 ecc6

This is fine. Keep a tab space between IPaddress and the hostname. maximum length of the hostname can be upto 12 char. Hostnames are case sensitive, so maintian same whereever you are providing the hostname, especially in your profile and and RFC connections. You can provide IP address or the hostname.

I want to run BSP and WebDynpro Applications

MY OS is Windows 2003 Application Server

during the import i have seen so many profiles, Now i want to know which file to select :

You can keep all the profiles, Every time you save or do an Import of Profiles the system keep a backup from the last change. The 3 profiles (DEFAULT.PFL, START_DVEBMGS<instance no>_hostname & <sid>_DVEBMGS<instance no>_hostname are all required). The profiles with the highest Version no. is the active profile.

Hope its clear.

Shaji

Edited by: Shaji Jacob on Mar 15, 2008 9:49 AM

Answers (0)