Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALEAUD Correlation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

One question:

relating to ALEAUD acknowledges, like Bravesh mentioned on "Idoc Acknowledgements and BPM" thread, inside our BPM on the send step we can correlate IDOC-EDI_DC40-DOCNUM with EISTATE-DOCNUM.

Well I'm having some troubles relating this point, isn't the value from DOC-EDI_DC40-DOCNUM only available after processing?

I've gone through the bpm execution and the DOCNUM value is null, which results in a correlation error. In case of forcing the DOCNUM to an expected value the bpm goes till the end without any trouble.... So my question is really, how can I get the DOCNUM value in the BPM Send Step so that the correlation event is set with a non-null value?

Can you guys help me?

Edited by: Gonçalo Mouro Vaz on Mar 14, 2008 7:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thread continued in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gonçalo ,

if the BPM received a IDOC from R/3 DOC-EDI_DC40-DOCNUM will never be null.

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You're right but the main problem is to have a non-null value for the IDOC sent by XI. The ALEAUD IDOC which R3 responds has the DOCNUM filled but the thing is, how can I, in the bpm send step, get the DOCNUM which will be generated by XI, to be filled in my correlation rule?

imagine this two steps:

1. XI sends a DEBMAS IDOC to R3

2. R3 sends back an ALEAUD IDOC.

In the second step the ALEAUD-E1ADHDR-E1STATE-DOCNUM-DOCNUM will have a non-null value but the DEBMAS-EDI_DC40-DOCNUM will be null. As a result the correlation will fail. Only after this IDOC is generated, meaning only after this IDOC is sent, we can get the real value.....Nevertheless, it seems by Bhavesh Thread that it's possible to do so....

Can you help?