can any one tell me please

regards

jm

Former Member
0 Kudos
is it used for channel binding and conversion

Yes

have you gone through this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Edited by: Guru on Mar 14, 2008 12:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru

thanks for ur reply

i have gone through the link

i mentions about channel binding but it does not mention about conversion

so is collaboration agreement used for both channel binding and conversion or only channel inding

regrads

jm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

According to SAP's help "In a collaboration agreement you define for a sender and receiver which communication channels are to be used to exchange messages"

Depending on the adapter type the collaboration agreement is the place where you can define the keys to use for encrypting/decrypting and signing/validating digital signatures.

Julio

Former Member
0 Kudos
conversion

Are you talking about Mapping i.e., transforming or converting source message to target message. If it is then it is taken care under Logical Routing > Interface determination > Interface mapping > Message Mapping.

In Collaboration Agreement, we are binding the communication channels of the source and the target through which exchange of messages takes places

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

then as per me collaboration agreement is also responsible for routing and protocol check

correct me if i m wrong

regards

jm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably the following should clarify everything

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9479887@N07/2334038006/sizes/o/

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur prompt reply

but through the table i feel the following

channel binding , routing and conversion will be done message processing (adapter configuration) and protocol check must be done by security settings

correct me if i am wrong

Regards

jm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lemme try again

Channel Binding is done at Collaboration Agreements where you where you define which communication channels to choose for a particular combination of sender and receiver

Routing ( Logical Routing) is carried out using Receiver Determination and Interface Determination, where you define the flow of message

Conversion as per you I guess it is message mapping is also carried in Logical Routing under Interface Determination > Interface Mapping > Message Mapping. Here the source message is converted to target message

Protocol , this is defined basically by using adapter like HTTP protocol or IDOC or RFC etc..

Security settings are done in Collaboration agreements which helps us to provide additional security features for the Sender and Receiver and the integrity of sending/receiving message

Here protocol check is done adapter since it is the one which decides which protocol as to pass through the adapter.

Hope this is clear

Answers (0)