cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORA-00959: tablespace 'PSAPSR3USR' does not exist during system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do system copy by using data files copy.

At step Create Oracle Schema, the following error occurs at Ora_SQL_results.log

unable to assign default tablespace to user: SAPSR3

begin

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00959: tablespace 'PSAPSR3USR' does not exist

ORA-06512: at line 126

Please help me correct the problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You copied the system using data files copy , i assume it is some sort of backup/restore method wherein you shutdown the source temporarily and copy it datafile wise to the target and then bring up the target ?

Check in your source system which datafiles where required for that tablespace and then verify if those datafiles were restored in the target too.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Using your queries I discoverred that in the target system, i put a different ABAP Schema name than the source system.

I will run again the setup of target system with same abap schema name with source system.

Giang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a target system with ABAP schema name as SAPR3. Mistakenly I did not give the ABAP schema name as SAP<SID> and instead gave SAPR3.

Now the import with failing with error ORA-00959: tablespace PSAPSR3 does not exist. Based on this error, I have following questions.

1- Can you let me know how to resolve this error?

2- Should I recreate the entire database with ABAP Source system name SAP<SID> or is there a script to change the ABAP source name?

3- Do I need to run the entire setup of target system again with abap schema name changed from SAPR3 to SAP<SID>?, which include creation of a new database or a MCOD database?

Thanks

Haleem

Answers (0)