Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Module for radius server ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to authenticate to portal via radius server ?

does SAP ship a login module for radius ( e.g. SPNEGO for kerberos ) ?

Thanks for your help

Oliver

3 REPLIES 3

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Oliver,

Are you looking for a LM which implements SPNEGO/Kerberos or one which implements RADIUS ? It is not 100% clear from your question becasue you mentioned both. I wondered if you were thinking of a case where RADIUS is used in conjunction with Kerberos and SPNEGO, or if you just want to use a RADIUS server to check passwords during logon ?

Anyway, if you are just looking for RADIUS, then there is no such LM provided by SAP, but you might find one available from a third-party software vendor.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

at the moment we use LDAP as UME;

our Login Stack is configured to authenticate via SPNEGO;

this solution is working fine;

we use different application in our portal ... we though about that some of this applications shoudn't be available via SSO ( SPNEGO ); by calling this applications there should to be an additional authentication like Radius/RSA to make this applications more secure;

so, some of this special applications should have their own Login Stack ( e.g. Radius/RSA );

In the end ... the goal should be to call the portal via SSO ( SPNEGO ) and and for this special applications the users should additionally authenticate via RADIUS/RSA;

So, you said that SAP doesn't provide a radius login module;

Do you know a 3rd party product ?

Thanks

Oliver

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Do you know a 3rd party product ?

Yes, I know a product that has some of these capabilities, and can be extended easlier to support ALL of your above mentioned capabilities. If you contact me via email I can give you details, because I am not allowed to mention non-SAP software via SDN.

Thanks,

Tim