cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lookup response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

here i am facing a confusion while going to use the lookup functionality. please clarify it.

here i got a requirement that i am getting a file from the file adapter. i am planning to capture the file using the FILE Adapter. later i need to pass this data to SAP R/3. mean while i need to validate the data by using RFC lookup's. For example i am getting the invoice information from file and i need to validate the vendor data whether it is present in the R/3 database tables. If the data is valid then it will pass the data to the receiver bapi.

But my question is if i need to capture the records regarding the invalid data i.e if vendor number is not there in the SAP then i need to send this record back to FILE server. can any one explain the process how i have to proceed.

for quick reference i am working on PI 7.0 with SP 12. please hlp me.

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the blog which solve the similar problem you came cross.

XPath to show the path (Multiple Receivers) - if something wrong, send file back to sender

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

Liang

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramana,

Use BPM.

In your mapping program do a lookup. Also in the UDF write soemthing like,

if (venor.equals(""))

{

throw new RuntimeException("Vendor number is not there");

}

Keep this transformation step inside block of BPM step. Right click on the block and insert Exception Branch, in the Exception Branch place send step which sends the file.

IF you need some more clarification , let me know.

raj.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U must be getting response from RFC in a particular format. Now u map that response accordingly to some field at target side. As u know the output of RFC in both the cases, u can use the same field in conditional receiver determination.

When the value is not present, use receiver File, otherwise use receiver R3

Regards,

Prateek