cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linking Iviews in 1 Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

My model has two iviews (A and B). In Iview A, i want a button that links to Iview B. How do i accomplish this?

Thanks

Arnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnil,

Open the source iView and in the output component,

Add a new control to the component, using the Configure Element task panel and click the Add (plus) button at the bottom of the task panel and insert a submit button

Double click on the button created in the task panel,

under Action tab enter an event name

Drag out from the out port of the output component and choose Navigate To from the context menu. The Select Target iView dialog box is displayed. From the list, select the target iView and choose the Select existing iView option (or choose Create new iView if you did not yet create the target iView). Click OK. A placeholder icon is displayed, linked to the output component.

Click on the line connecting the output component and the target iView icon. Rename it according to the action name you defined earlier

donot forget to reward points

Regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice...When i Drag out from the out port of the output component i do not see the option of 'Navigate To' , I only see the options of Add new form, signal out, open popup, endpoint or datastore....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you want to communicate b/w iviews then u can go for signal in and signal out properties.

Use signal out in Parent iview and signal in in child iview.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

If you want to transfer data between the two iviews then follow these steps:

1.> Go to the form of the first iview.Drag output port and create signal out with proper name.Click the link created in between the signal out and the form and give a proper name(event name). This name you have to mentioned in the button action property.Go to the form and click the button property.Then in action tab you can mentioned the action as custom action.

2.> Configure the signal out means select the fields which you want to transfer to the other iview.

3.> Then go to the other iview and drill down in that.

4.> create a form and drag input port of it and create a signal in and give the same name as you have mentioned in the signal out.

5.> configure the signal in. And give all the fields which you have mentioned in the signal out.(it is case sensitive, so better give the correct names)

6.> Double click the form and select all the fields which you want to be visible on the form.

7.> just save nad deploy the model and you can transfer data between the two iviews.

I hope this will help you. This scenario contains two iviews each one with a form.

Regards,

Nutan

Edited by: nutan champia on Mar 16, 2008 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nutun...

I tried what you suggested but still doesnt work.....

When i click on the action button from Iview 1 nothing happens. I have created a signal out. the action button has the same name for the event as the line to the signal out.

I went to the 2nd iview and created a signal in. (same name as signal out)

Am i missing something....???

In my case it is 2 iviews at the same level (both iviews are under my model....)

Arnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

can u send GML File of ur model to govindunagotla@gmail.com.

i will verify it .

And which SP ur working?

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnil,

Have you configured the signal out and signal in with proper fields? I did the same for passing the values in between the two iviews but with two forms inside those iviews.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnil,

select open pop-up iview then selec existing iview ans select your iview

donot forget to reward points

Regards,

Sami