cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MobileEngine.config parameter for not showing Language?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have had a few looks, but I cannot find a parameter that sets the language option NOT to show on the client UI. The only parameter close to ANYTHING with regards to Language is the following : MobileEngine.Sync.Language. but - this just sets the language, it does not say if you want the language option to appear on the client UI.

Please advise!

We are using MI 7.0 SP13.

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no way you can remove the Language Drop down from the UI. All you can do is customize the values displayed in the drop down. For this use the following Parameter in the MobileEngine.config file and then to this add the values of the languages you wish to display.

MobileEngine.Settings.Languages = en, da, de

Best Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many tks!

That is what I thought having gone throug ALL the parameters!

I awarded max points.

C

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

And be aware... there are lot of tricky points in MultiLanguage support:

- MobileEngine.Sync.Country use ISO 3166 codes, whether MobileEngine.Sync.Language - ISO 639, for example the country code for Czech is CZ, whether the language code is CS!

- As a list of MobileEngine.Sync.Language you can put only languages which are already in the list of available languages. However, sometime the situation is that a language is supported on backend systems, but is not supported on frontend (MI client). In this case the frontend support is additional effort...

- The language key for a given Mobile ID is set on middleware (you can see it on merep_pd -> Mobile ID tab) during the time of the first synchronisation of the device versus the middleware!

- There are normally customizations on backend done where you should put the multilanguage settings as well (list of supported language codes as well).

Hope this helps,

Lalo