cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DMS configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we upload primavera files in SAP DMS? What settings are required for that from configuration side of DMS.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally you can add and upload all possible file formats in DMS. Before I would recommend you to create a special workstation application in transaction DC30 where you define the specific file format and all the other settings. You will find a detailed explanation on all the settings by clicking on the blue information button.

By defining the application which should be used for this file format I would recommend you to use the

parameter %AUTO% in ' Define workstation application in network' for all three application types (1-display, 2- edit, 3-print). Again you will find a detailed info in the blue button.

For further information and screenshots please see also the WIKI page

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/plm/2.Customizing%28CA-DMS-EAI%29&

But instead of the parameter 'EAIWeb.webviewer2D.1 %SAP-CONTROL%' use just %AUTO%. This parameter will grant that the correct external viewing application is used to display this kind of files from DMS transaction.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for all useful information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for such a helpful answer but i m confused little bit.

Actually want to know that is there any other settings in customizing workstation application, if we want to upload primavera files in sap dms.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally there is no other customizing needed for upload original files like primavera files in DMS.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are facing some problems while uploading Microsoft word file to SAP Database through SAP DMS functionality. We are getting an error "unable to run winword". Could you please guide us through basic initial settings for DMS Microsoft word document to be uploaded in SAP Database.

Many Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I got your problem. Solution to your problem is in workstation application configure the application microsoft word and it will not give any kind of error as it is giving right now.

In define workstation Application network define Ms Word :

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.INPLACE%

Reward Points if helpful....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

My questions relates to SAP DMS and Desktop Office Integration, perhaps even a bit of ABAP I guess. When you have a Original Application File, configured via the Workstation Application Type, and using Desktop Office Integration, Inplace, SAP Opens the Original File in the SAP Window.

This window has two buttons, "Save" which just save the changes you made to the original file, and "Save and Exit" which save the Original Application file, and exits the DIR.

Is there any way to remove the "Save and Exit" button from this screen, as the users tend to think that it save the original, and leaves the Desktop Integration window to return you back to the DIR.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try using these parameters in Define workstation Application,

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%

%SAP-OFFICE-INTEGRATION.OUTPLACE%

or use %Auto% for your file formats,

Pls award Points for usefull answers

Regards

Sari