cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importance of Client Role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can any one explain me the importance of a client role in SAP. All clients in QTY are termed as "Test"/Training/Reference" and the ones in DEV are termed as Customizing etc. But what if i change a test to production ? How would it effect the system ? If it does not effect the system then why are these classifications provided in SCC4. can any one enlighten me on this topic.

Thanks for your answers and points are in for sure.

Rgds,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Juan,

Thanks for the link. I am aware of the basic details of this classification. Infact i was looking to the point --> What if i change my client role from test to Production today ? How would it effect the system. I know for sure that a few Tcodes wuld become maintainnable. So is there a doc which explains that these things would happen if the client role is changed...and what whould be pro's and con's for changing it back from Production to Test ?

Rgds,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help by means of a document or link would be appreciated and rewarded..

Thanks in advance.

Sri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Client in SAP represents a organization. Generally if you dont have a seperate quality system(which would be replica of your prd system) this would be used for testing, then we create a different client for testing inthe same develpoment system.

Basically in Development system we create a client in which you want to develop some customized applications and maintain some client specfic changes.

Regards,

Vamshi.