Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI not replaced ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've created a BAPI FM in r/3 .

In VC I created a model with this BAPI and checked the Output.

Since I needed to change my BAPI depending upon the reqt. change, I changed the BAPI and again created the Business Object.

Now when I create a model in VC with the changed BAPI I'm not able to see the latest activated BAPI there.

Still the VC data is referring to the old BAPI .

How the latest BAPI will be referred in the VC Service data ?

Can anyone tell me whats the problem ?

Regards,

Deepu.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

deepu,

Did refreshing the BAPI work for you ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sami,

I've a doubt.

What do u mean by a story board ?

On my BAPI Service I right clicked but nothing is happening when I do so .

Wher shud I perform this action ?

Regards,

Deepu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Can you try restarting the Connector Service, as explained in this thread:

Regards,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shai,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not authorized to perform the actions which were specified in the thread.

So I reported the content to my Customer.

Hope it works after my customer implement your said idea.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

1- right click on your bapi service in the storyboard of the visual composer.

2- choose redefine ports.

3- on the dialog box displayed click re-import and then click yes to update the cache with the latest version.

Note:- This process may take some time

4- select the new ports if you have new ports defined for ythe dataservice.

5- click OK

Your BAPI is refreshed !!!

Regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepu,

If you modify a data service (outside of Visual Composer) and then want to see those changes reflected in models that use the modified data service, you must reimport the data service.

The Redefine Ports dialog box automatically shows the ports from the component version in the cache. Changes made to the component ports outside Visual Composer are not visible until you click Reimport in the Redefine Ports dialog box. Clicking Reimport copies the latest version of the component into the cache and displays the updated port information in the Redefine Ports dialog box.

Right-click the referenced component and from the context menu choose Redefine Ports. The Redefine Ports dialog box is displayed, showing all ports defined for the component. Any ports that are already displayed on the component icon are selected in this dialog box. Any new ports that were added to the component are displayed in the dialog box but are not selected.

Click Reimport and then click Yes to update the cache with the latest version of the component. This process may take some time. At the end of the reimport process, any ports that are already displayed on the component icon are selected in this dialog box. Any new ports that were added to the component are displayed in the dialog box but are not selected.

Select the checkboxes of the ports that you want to use for the component and click OK.

Regards,

Sami

Please reward points if this is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sami,

Thanks for the content !

But can you tell me the where to perform those actions in the VC .

I mean the exact navigation paths !!!

Regards,

Deepu.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepu,

After Changing the Function module, release it and then activate it, Test your BAPI functionality from SE37. if everything is working properly according to the modifications the BAPI should work fine from the VC, However i think you should add your BAPI Service one more time to the story board after you have modified it.

Regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sami,

I checked everything .

Every where the latest Bapi is only being referred except in VC Data source.

Any other clues !!!

Regards,

Deepu.K