cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in SLD Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 SLD's, one for DEV and the second one is for PRD. we dont have the QTY.

I know how to transport the IR and the ID objects using File system.

i want to know abt SLD transport

I have created one TS for SAP R/3 system and the Corresponding BS for TS in SLD.

i have created one PRD---SWCV. i didnt create any TS and BS for this PRD and SWCV.

I used this SWCV for Development in DEV Server and now we want to transport the IR and ID and SLD

1) Do we need to create the Same PRD and SWCV in PRD server also OR is there any process to Import the SWCV from DEV to PRD??

2) we have only One TS and BS for SAP r/3 , so do we need to Export those from DEV to PRD or do u want me to create the same in PRD???

If u recommend me to export the TS and BS means what is very simple process to transport into PRD server???

Regards

Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please refer these:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d64...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/03/xi-software-logistics-1-sld-preparation

/people/sap.india5/blog/2005/11/09/xi-software-logistics-ii-overview

they will be really helpful.

) Do we need to create the Same PRD and SWCV in PRD server also OR is there any process to Import the SWCV from DEV to PRD??

2) we have only One TS and BS for SAP r/3 , so do we need to Export those from DEV to PRD or do u want me to create the same in PRD???

>>you can export/import both

Ranjit

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. U dont have to create the SWC in PRD again. It should be transported from the DEV SLD to the PROD SLD.

2. Usually there will be a separate R3 system for the PROD landscape. So in this case, create the TS in BS for that R3 in PROD. It should not be imported.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

>>1. U dont have to create the SWC in PRD again. It should be transported from the DEV SLD to the PROD SLD.

You mean to say we should Export and Import PRD and SWCV from DEV to Production server with out creating those manually.

As i have the single product and the SWCV , i want to create those manually in prodution server. wat do u say abt this???

>>2. Usually there will be a separate R3 system for the PROD landscape. So in this case, create the TS in BS for that R3 in PROD. It should not be imported.

This means u are saying that i have to maintain the TS of the R/3 DEV server and the R/3 PRD server at SAP R/3 side??

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek/Kishore,

if u goto SLD main pageselect your PRD-click on Export

this will export the PRD+SWCV. this is ok

Similarly for TS and BS also we can do like this

What iam asking is if you goto SLD main page-Administration--here We have the option of Export and the Import

Please reffer this for the process which i mentioned

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d64...

And let me know your views

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

The differience u are asking about the export button which is present in the ADMINISTRATION and to the

export button present inside the product or SWCV

as per my concern the major differience in between that was

when u choose the export button at the admin level all the PRODUCTS as well as SWCV will be ZIP ziped but when u go the other optiion u can individually send what ever the products or SWCV needed that was the major differience i observed..

so better as u have only one component and product (CUSTMZD) u can go for the export button present in the administration part.. or go with as u like..

any clarifications needed u are welcome..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But if u observe the Doc which i provided

there they did the two types of Exports ( Individual SWCV level + Full) also

What do u say abt this???

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can go according to ur convenience,,, it's all upon ur requirement..

and at the same time as u are dealing with the single product and swcv, both cases will give the same amount of effort..

go ahead as u like.. its better u transport individually and check so that u can explore better to the new things..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Solved the problem or still facing the problems in importing..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

We can import product with its software component, it purely based on the facilitites which provided in the transport mechanism, everything can be exported from DEV to PRD,

once u import the objects it creates as a TPZ file in the export directory of the DEVELOPMENT and you have to import that TPZ file in the import directory of the PRODUCTIOIN.

and similiarly u have an option of exporting the SLD components, where the export file was created as a ZIP file.

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

What is your exact problem do u need to transport all the technical system and business systems or SWCV

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have use the following for my development

I have one Product and SWCV in SLD

I have One Technical and the Business systems in SLD

As i have only one PRD and SWCV + only one BS associated with TS. do i need to use the Transpot mechanism OR do u want me to create those as similar to in the Production system????

Tel me your helpfull ans

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

It purely depends on the complexity of your scenario, its better to transport either Change Mangement System or file transfer, You can transport the product and as well as the software component including their dependent objects as a TPZ file

and for the SLD it is easy to create if you are familiar with the SLD configuration or else it can also be imported

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see in SLD. click on Product and say Export means it is taking me to export the Product as well as SWCV and save as .zip file in the local sys.

And we have the other option in SLD of Administration TAB.

Here we have the option of Export and the Import

What it says abt???

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Import that ZIP file to the import of the PRD server and deploy it

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam not asking abt the importing ..........)))

We have the other Export/Import option in SLD of Administration TAB.

Here we have the option of Export and the Import

What it says abt???

What is this mean, when we will use this

And comming to your Ans

>>Import that ZIP file to the import of the PRD server and deploy it

What does it mean, wher to deploy it, do we have the deploy mechanism in SLD transports????

And we dont have any seperate folder to place this ZIP file in the production server. but u said that place it in import folder..

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

the zip file will be stored in the local machine, and u can call this zip file directly from the local machine to the production server sld through this steps,

first go to the sld, ADMINISTRATION and select whether the product or swcv that to be imported and select the zip file which is stored in the local machine and import it..

ADMINISTRATION --- import and export can be used for the same purpose to export the sld components..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>u can call this zip file directly from the local machine to the production server sld through this steps,

See when we export the SLD , Assume that it wil be stored in the XI DEV Server desktop C:\XI\SLD.zip. By navigating to the Administration TAB in SLD of Production server how can u Import the zip file from the DEV Server Desktop to PRD server SLD????

Explain

Regards

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

for importing that ZIP file, go to the SLD and ---> choose ADMINISTRATION and u have an import button juct click it it asks u the path of zip file .. and continue with that..

regards,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can also use this link to find solution to ur problem

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i think the below link will help you out.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=sld&cat=sdn_all

regards

bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont want any Weblogs or help files for this,

I want clear point to point ans . please ans to the doubts which i asked in the first

Full points will give to the Ans

Regards

Suman