cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI sync error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this error during sync. No data downloaded and no dump is generated in the synchronization.

Please help. Points will be given. Thanks.

20080314 09:16:54:546] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** LOG / TRACE SWITCHED ON

[20080314 09:16:54:546] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Mobile Infrastructure Version: MI 25 SP 21 Patch 00 Build 200709192032

[20080314 09:16:54:546] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Timezone: Singapore

[20080314 09:16:54:546] I [MI/API/Logging ] ***** Current Trace Level: 50

[20080314 09:17:02:031] E [MI/Smartsync ] Applications message reply observer com.sap.mbs.msr.sync.SyncInboxObserver@1786286 for Message Reply "SYNC_END" has thrown an Exception: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.mbs.msr.customer.bo.impl.CustomerManagerImpl.clearCache(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.msr.application.impl.MSRAppUtil.clearApplicationCache(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.mbs.msr.sync.SyncInboxObserver.messageReplyReceived(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.syncOut.SyncOutRuntimeImpl.processSyncDoneActivities(SyncOutRuntimeImpl.java:555)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.actionPerformed(SmartSyncRuntimeImpl.java:468)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SmartSyncRuntimeManager.actionPerformed(SmartSyncRuntimeManager.java:288)

at com.sap.ip.me.smartsync.core.SyncAdapter.actionPerformed(SyncAdapter.java:64)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncEventRegistryImpl.fireSyncEventNotifierMethod(SyncEventRegistryImpl.java:317)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.raiseSyncEvent(SyncManagerImpl.java:1295)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:549)

at com.sap.ip.me.sync.SyncManagerImpl.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManagerImpl.java:319)

at com.sap.ip.me.api.sync.SyncManager.synchronizeWithBackend(SyncManager.java:79)

at com.sap.ip.me.apps.jsp.Home$SyncRunnable.run(Home.java:641)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Can you give some more details please? We are using MI 7.0, but i can try to assist.

Is this the first time you're syncing or is it a problem "suddenly out of the blue"?

Have you changed the settings anywhere, like on your Mobile Device? Has anybody changed things on the server side?

tks

Christiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your error mesage, I guess that you are using MI7.0 or lower. Please confirm.

If so, did you get 500 internal error?

Have you double checked the RFC at MI?

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I know that you already updated from SP18 to SP21.

How was the experience ??

Coud you please tell me where did you get the all information for this update ? Also tell me which tips should I take care on the update. I have to do that from SP19 to SP21.

Thanks A lot

Xiomara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, thanks for helping. The problem solved now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better write an OSS to SAP. NullPointerException in SAP coding is obviously their problem.. You mentioned waiting messages.. you can check if there is I-Partial as well, you should process them manually.. r ignore..

--

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your information, in merep_mon...the request stop at I-waiting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you updated from SP18 to SP21 - as you said. What have yu done? The client, the J2EE, the R/3..... how have you done it?

Is in MEREP_PD every SyncBO enabled?

Well, this error looks like a timeout - and if you say the data stays in I-Waiting, then this points to a structural issue in the middleware. Some missing setup that should be necessary after the update.

Is the sync Servlet still working? Users are ok?

Please give some more infos on the total system behaviour and setup .- hopefully this will help. At least search in that direction - the device should not be the real issue - I guess.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happen "suddenly out of the blue". We just patched to MI 25 SP21. Before this is SP18 and it can sync and downloaded data into client correctly.

The RFC connection is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

The place where the exception is thrown is clearly a SAP coding. So, I suggest to create them an OSS message, otherwise you have to decompile and debug (which is officialy not suggested).

Your trace is only at level 50 (error). You should increase and provide SAP with the extensive logs generated. There are two ways to increase the trace level.

1) Stop the MI client via \Windows\MIServerShutdown script. Put the following parameters inside MobileEngine.config file:

MobileEngine.Trace.Enabled = true

MobileEngine.Trace.Level = 1000

Start the MI Client via \Windows\Startup\MIServer script. Reproduce the situation in interest – you will now have the full traces generated (Trace.Level 1000 is All). You can increase the trace file size by the option MobileEngine.Trace.Filesize, given in KB, the default is 200.

2) The other way to change this is via the Trace link on MI home page, it is quite intuitive.

Better create an OSS, just in order not to loose time getting into SAP's code

Best Regards,

Lalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

When I am trying to synchronise for the first time to get device ID I am getting following error.

Could any body through some light on this please.

• Synchronization started

• Connection set up (without proxy) to: http://XYZ:portno/meSync/servlet/meSync?~sysid=MOB&;

• Connection to server failed.

• Synchronisation problems: Transport-layer (http) sync exception raised (root cause: Exception while synchronizing (java.io.IOException: Not in GZIP format))

And let me add that I am using IE6.0 on my machine.

Is a seperate server needed in middleware for MI.

*Do I need any patch on existing R/3 before synchronising.?

When is MI7.0 used

Regards,

Anzar Naik

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anzar,

Can you please add this parameter "MobileEngine.Datacompression.Gzip = true" in your MobileEngine.config file which

would be available in(SAP Mobile Infrastructure/settings) folder.Kindly make sure that you restart your MI client after making

the changes in the .config file.

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan I am getting the following error now. MY WebAS is on SP13 and middleware is also on SP13.

"Synchronisation problems: Format of the synchronization inbound file is not supported; Check sync gateway "

Please reply to the thread I posted with same heading as the error above so that I can reward you some points as well for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it could be you have the wrong parameters for the sync service.

Problem: we have new technology with sync service and old technology with sync servlet. If you use one but send data in format of the other you will see this error message.

Please check your setup again carefully.

Regards,

Oliver