Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file systems???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I anyone tell the file systems?

I mean, in file xi jdbc,

wat are the systems used in companies like oracle and ms access for jdbc..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

In real time , mostly of the companies goes to FTP where there will be security maintained.

Fof FTP: You need to maintain FTP server, User ID , Password, and also port number default is 21.

JDBC as receiver:

Again this depends upon the customer requirements they can use oracale, DB2, MSAccess, MSSQL etc.

Respective DB drivers should be installed in XI system if you want to connect.

Regards

Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for reply

but my question is what is application system from file side like oracle, jdbc or sap systems.

for more clear, if we are getting data from ms access for jdbc side, from where u will get for file. I can understand that if it flat file it comes from ibm mainframes, like mainframes what are the systems are there from which xml files are comin to xi as data.

thanks in advance

shiva

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

File systems could be WSFTP, windows FTP available with IIS or if u use the NFS protocol, then it will be file system of the XI server

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this FileXIJDBC

The Applications may be the Sender file will be placed in the FTP Server which companies normally used for their file maintainance or may be placed in XI Server

The receiver may be Either Oracle or MS-Access

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

file adapter can be used with any OS file system in which your XI server is deployed or if you are using FTP, then the OS file system of your FTP server............

xi adapter is used for proxy communication between 2 systems having WebAS>=6.20

jdbc adapter is used for communicating with database systems like oracle, ms access etc

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta