cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Agent - File not picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have deployed the Conversion Agent Module for File EDI conversion at XI system.

We have created one project for conversion (Parser), it is also working fine, at local and XI system.

Now the problem is with Communication Channel, How we will configure our Sender File communication channel for FTP server to convert the EDI data into XML.

We are doing this but it is not picking up file from FTP Server, but without Module, it

is picking file. But we need to use conversion module,

The confituration is as below :

In Processing Sequence

Number Module Name Module Type Module Key

1 CallSapAdapter Local Enterprises Bean 0

2 sap.com/com.sap.nw.cm.xi/CMTransformationBean Local Enterprises Bean 1

In Module Configuration

Module Key Parameter Name Parameter Value

1 TransformationName (My project in Conversion Agent, which is deployed at local and xi server)

Please help,

Regards,

Study SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configured your Channel According to this

/people/william.li/blog/2006/03/17/how-to-get-started-using-conversion-agent-from-itemfield

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/03/14/integrate-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield-with-sap-xi

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

Thanks for your reply, when I am reading the Wblog

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/03/14/integrate-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield-with-sap-xi

I am not finding the Request and Response Tab in my design part, can you give me complete scenario desing for the same,

Regards,

Study SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>In Processing Sequence

Number Module Name Module Type Module Key

1 CallSapAdapter Local Enterprises Bean 0

2 sap.com/com.sap.nw.cm.xi/CMTransformationBean Local Enterprises Bean 1

Try to change the Processing sequense order

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have change the processing order, but there is no change in the problem,

Regards,

Study SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In RWB Wat is the Error in Sender Communication channel monitoring

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is :

Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.NullPointerException

Regards,

Study SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem may be with the Conversion.

First check the Conversion fro EDI--XML is fine or not with the Conversion Agent with in the Conversion agent itself not in the XI.

Then try to for XI if it successfully converted in Conresion agent

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have checked the same, when I have created my Parser for this message, and have deployed the same project at XI and my Local Machine.

It is working fine, but as per the configurations, it is not picking up the file from FTP server.

Regards,

Study SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would find the Requeat and response tab only when you specify your message interfaces as Sysnchronous.Since you have not specified it as Async it would not appear.

Next since you are saying it is not picking the file if u specify the adapter module and it is picking the not if u dont specify the Adapter module than please check which service pack are you working on Since the SAP Conversion Agent by Itemfield has been shipped since SAP XI3.0 SP14.So please check yours.

Your file will not be deleted only when your adapter module specified has errors.So please do also check the name of the mapping program deployed it should be the same.

Please check the above points and let me know.

Thanks,

Bhargav.

Note:Award points if found useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you solve this issue? I am facing the same problem- my file is not picked when i use the conversion module. Also we are using SP18

Answers (0)