Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor text entered in SUS MMScenario

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt with the text mesages in SUS MM scenario

When a PO is created in MM and sent to SUS, it can be processed by the vendor in SUS

Here the vendor has an option of entering a text for the purchaser at header level and item level.

My question is:

Where in MM can we see this text?

I am aware of the fact that this can be used in the EBP - SUS scenario.

But I am not sure if this can be used in the MM-SUS scenario as well.

Could someone let me know?

If it is of no significance in the MM-SUS scenario,

Is there a way to disable this in customizing so that the vendor cannot enter text in this scenario?

Best Regards,

Vidhya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I think you can get that information on PO header under Text tab and there should be something called vendor memo in the list. I am not sure

but check it there anyways..

Hope you are doing good..this is Chaitanya.

Regards,

Chaitanya.

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chaitanya,

Nice to get in touch with you over SDN.

I have already checked in the header text tab. It does not appear there. Neither does it appear on the line item text.

Best Regards,

Vidhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhya,

As per your last query please check the following settings in the SRM --> SPRO.

1) SPRO> SRM> SRM SERVER> Cross Application Basic Settings> Text Schema--> Define Text Types (Select BBP_PD) and click on Text Type, you will see HEADER TEXT and ITEM TEXT ID with Description, here also u can remove the details and move to another field --> Define Text Schema

--> QUOT --> click on Text Schema --> u will see Purchaser remarks and Internal Note you can remove the same and move to --> Define Fixed Values for Texts > QUOT and BID and see the details is there any fixed value for the Bidding or what if yes please remove the same> I am sure it will work.

I hope it help u to resolve ur problem if not please revert back to me.

BR,

Vijay Mittal

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I see that the settings that you have mentioned must be done on the SRM server.

I do not use the SRM server. I am only using the SUS and MM system. I would like to know if I need to do any configuration in the MM system to view this text.

Best Regards,

Vidhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidhya,

The settings which I had told you, you can check the same in the SUS also.

SPRO> SRM SERVER> Supplier Self Service> Cross-Application Basic Settings> Text Schema--> Define Text Types.

If possible could you please send me all the screen shots of the problem, I will see and revert back to accordingly.

(vijaymittal23@gmail.com)

BR,

Vijay Mittal

vidhya_m
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks a lot for your offer.

But I think you have not understood my problem correctly.

I am able to see the field in SUS. I am also able to enter the text and save it in SUS. But this text is not visible in MM.

Hence I wanted to know if we need to make any config changes in MM.

After some internal discussions, we have concluded that this is how the product is designed. The MM PO does not accept any text from SUS.

Best Regards,

Vidhya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vidhya,

The text message which vendor is entering in SUS, as per my understanding u will not able to see it in MM ok.

If you have made settings in SUS like "Changeble by all Users" in the Text Schema aganist the respective Text Id --> than all the users will be able change or see the text, if u make a settings for only "Internal User"than only Purchaser will be able to change not by the Vendor or if you select "cannot be changed" than no one will able to edit/change the things.

I hope this will help u some extent.

Please revert back to me in the event of any query.

Br,

Vijay Mittal