cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

** RFC lookup - No import parameters, only export- How to frame 'rfcxml'.

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want to call one RFC 'Z_ GUID_CREATE' (same copied from GUID_CREATE) from R/3 using RFC lookup functionality. This RFC does not have import paramters, only export parameters. In this case, how do I frame rfcxml format from Java Function.

So far we have implemented RFCs which contains import and export parameters like BAPI_PO_DETAIL, BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL etc.,

To call Z_GUID_CRATE rfc, I framed rfcxml like as below.

-

rfcxml ="<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"?><ns0:Z_GUID_CREATE xmlns:ns0=\"urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions\"></ns0:Z_GUID_CREATE>";

-

In this case, RFC response returns null. So, How do we solve this problem.

Kindly help me friends, to solve this issue.

Kind Regards,

Jeg P.

K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jegathees_waran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sing,

This RFC does not have any Import Parameters i.e input parameters, so that in the XML no request tag is specified.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just Try what I am suggesting ,RFC might have some table parameters which will come into the Message maapping once you import the structure This is best way to generate the structure .

One more thing Be sure what you want from RFC call .I hope you know the same.

Also Try to execute RFC directly and then see whether you get any result or not.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeg,

First Import the RFC in your IR and then use the same in Message Mapping as one of the Inout messages.Change the tab to Source and copy the Source xml .

NOw you have to create the request same to that source xml and this will work As I can see in your request there is no Input parameter mentioned Is this required or u missed ?

Regards