cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in price conversion from INR to USD- Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the export sales scenario, we are having the contract with customer in INR and based on that value only the excise invoice should be raised. After 2-3 days commercial invoice is to be raised based on the exchange rate applicable on that date.

I have created sales order in INR, did proforma invoice based on order then delivery document & then excise invoice based on proforma order. Then to raise the commercial invoice, i go to change mode of order to change the currency from INR to USD. The conversion from INR to USD is not happening correctly, it is showing the lesser value than the actual value.

I have maintained exchange rate type as BLB under CIN company code settings & then assigned same in sales data of customer master. The exchange rate is also maintained in OB08 for M as well as BLB type but still the conversion is not happening correctly.

Can anybody please suggest me the cause & solution for this urgently.

Thanks & Regards,

Antima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check what is the value for Exchange rate type E (I think E should have been maintained in your customer Master) for export.

further more why go and change in Sales order? Why not in the commercial invoice header (at the time of creation)? That would make more sense and it will post the value at the time of creation of invoice.

You can also make the following settings in copy control

In Pricing Exchange Rate type : Maintain value "C".

Hope the above helps.

Assign points if helpful

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have maintained all the exchange rate settings for BLB & we can even take BLB as exchange rate type.

I am changing the conversion in sales order as in billing document that field gets greyed out. I tried checking it after changing the copy controls for exchange rate type to C but it still doesnt work & the exchange rate is being taken from order only.

Can you please tell me how to make changes at header level of billing document while creating it.

Actually i assessed my problem of difference, so this difference is coming as the system is taking the exchange rate calculation for 2 decimal whereas when we do normal calculation then it happens with 5 decimal place so the difference is value is approx 76 USD.

Please suggest some solution.

Thanks & Reagrds,

Antima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you change the copy control settings it will consider the exchange rate that is maintained at the time of billing.

i.e. if you have order of a previous day and billing of some other day then in that case if the exchange rate is changing on the billing date then it will consider the exchange rate of the billing date.

Hence when you are creating the billing document check the exchange rate getting picked (Whether it is on the billing date or order date).

I didnt get your other problem. Do you want to change the decimal places in the Currency? (You are in big trouble. If that is so). The settings for the same is available in customising SAP Netweaver > General Settings > Currencies > Set Decimal Places.

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL BEFORE USING THIS.

Please clarify your doubt if that is not the case.

Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antima

Sunil is absolutely right when he said to be extremely careful about changing the number of Decimal places in OY04. In fact, this warning appears when you enter this transaction.

There is one more Currency code called USDN used in SAP with 5 Decimal places. Not sure about the functionality of this Currency Code but you need to take a call on your issue after a thorough and unambiguous discussion with your Users and FI Consultant.

Regards

Ramana ND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We used OY04 & the problem is solved. We created new currency USD & given 5 decimal, the only thing that we have to take care is that there should be no transactions in the currency that we are changing as the decimal change affects the previous transaction & balances for that particular currecy.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Antima

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Try giving appropriate exchange rat type in accounting document type RV in transaction oba7.

regards

Raghavan