cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking validation Company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a situation where last time there is no validation in Project builder/WBS (account assignment) between Requesting Co.code and Company code in assignment tab. As a result, we found some wrongly assigned company code. For example requesting co.code : FNW, but the Company code in assignment tab : IGW. In addition, there was already some posting to this WBS and we cannot change the company code anymore (the field is grey).

1st question. Can we change the IGW to FNW since there is already posting (invoice already)

Furthermore, this week in order to prevent inappropriate assignment we implement validation PRPS-ABUKR <> '' and check PRPS-ABUKR = PRPS-PBUKR.

Today, We are going to create new WBS (we put name DUMMY) in the project that has different company code. However, the validation check the existing WBS that has wrongly co code.

2nd question, Can we make validation which will not check the existing WBS which is wrong assignment but only check WBS with new creation ?

Please advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Nies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to create new project with profile which doesnot contain validation. I dont think in existing project, you will be able to remove validation or write any counter acting validation.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Appreciate for your advice. However, we have to create new WBS in the existing project. Cannot create new project. We will create dummy WBS to post the cost because of the wrong company code.

Is there any user exit for it to check ...if the WBS is release or SETC (settlement rule created) therefore, the validation wont check the existing WBS.

Nies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your problem. Looks difficult to me, let us see if anyone comes up with solution.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are creating the WBS elements in the structure and defining a Priority to the WBS, create the new WBS with a different priority No and set the same in the validation prerequisite( PRPS-PSPRI = "x')

As many fields in the WBS are pure information fields that don't contain any control functionality Eg. Project type, Priority..

All the new WBS you create in the structure can be with the new priority No,so the validation will check only the WBS with the Priority 'XYZ'.

Hope that will help you.

Regards.

Vinayak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I decided to check the validation based on the creation date. Really appreciate for your all advice.

Thank you.

nies

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nies,

You can add up controlling area in you Validation & check.

PROJ-VKOKR = 0001 AND PRPS-ABUKR = 0002

Check PRPS-ABUKR = PRPS-PBUKR

Please check & let me know.

Regards'

Syed