cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local DCs not visible in WD Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have created DC in nwdi with activity assigned to it.since it is created by me on my pc the dc is shown in Local DC view in Developement Configuration perspective.

but the problem is that this dc is not available in Web Dynpro Explorer view in Web-Dynpro perspective.even in navigator view of WD perspective that DC is shown to be opened.

Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You created DC in nwdi under an activity. Then go to Development Configuration perspective, search your DC in the track where you created. Right click on your DC and select Create Project.

Hope this helps.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

actually DC is created in Devlopement Configuration perspective which is not visible in wd explorer view in WD perspective.

why shud i again create project in it when i even havn't checked it in to the DTR.

please explain it in detail.

and while creating new project on that DC it gives error: failed. buildvariant.config file missing

while as building it also give error.

Build failed for abc.com/pdp/pdpso(abc.com_MYCOMPONENTS_1) in variant "null": null

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing same issue. How did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apurva,

Try checking in the Activity in which u have created the DC. Then you can see the Webdynpro DC under the Webdynpro perspective. You can then create a new activity to carry on with your work.

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked in and activated the activity.I can see it in development configuration perspective even in navigator explorer view but still not in Web Dynpro view.

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the DC has been created of type Webdynpro, it should show up in the Webdynpro View. Have u tried closing NWDS and restaring it ?

Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DC is of type Web Dynpro. I have already tried closing NWDS and opening again. Still the same error.

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai ,

check if the dc component is available in wokspace.If so then take a back up of the project in workspace and then delete it.now try importing it again.If you have backup you can try with that instead .

Thanks n Regards

Sharanya.R