Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable length text fields

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have inserted a text field (read only) whose value comes from the backend. The length of the text can vary from 0 to 40.I have placed this field between two static texts in a sentence.

Please contact <dynamic variable> as soon as possible to confirm this.

when the value of the dynamic field has less characters ( say 6 characters) then it is getting displayed properly. But when it has more length (say 20 characters), it gets overlapped with the next word in the sentence.

How can make it to fit it in the sentence properly for all values.

Regards,

Sharadha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharadha,

try setting the maximum length of the input field to 40 chars. it might work the way u want it.

Regards,

Poojith M V

Sharadha1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

Thanks 4 the reply.

I have already tried it. i have also check 'Expand it fit'..it is not working the way expected.

The size of the text field must change according to the value. It must not overlap when the value is long or leave blank space when the value is too short.

any other suggestions??

Regards,

Sharadha

former_member365727
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Place all the fields in a subform and enable the property 'expand to fit' for dynamic variable.

In the object palette of subform, select flow layout and flow direction as 'westren text'. Since the subform is flow layout westren text, layout adjusts automatically.

Regards

Srikanth KV