Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Constraint

Dhaivakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi,

We are working with resources in which many products can be scheduled based on sizes. Hence, we use size as a characteristic for resource and product. But while defining the characteristic value for resource it will be Resource A: Size:25-75mm, B: Size: 75-125mm.

If I get a product for 78 dia, System should automatically schedule in resource B. Is it possible? In case of nay solution please help.

Thanks in advance

dhaiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

If products are different regarding to the size, (productA = small size and productB = big size), why not creating two different PPMs for both options. Each PPM should be linked with the resource in question. Meaning that productA would always work with PPM_A (linked with ResourceA) and so on.

Is that what you were asking?

Regards

Miguel

Dhaivakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your reply. Product dia 78 is characteristic value in sale order. During creation of sale order I may not be in position to choose the resource. only when my sales requirement are aggregated then I will do the planning run.

During the run system should select the right resource which can accomodate the dia 78 from alternate modes of PPM.

thanks

dhaivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will need alternate resources setting on your PDS (or PPM) selectable by characteristic. To see how this is configured look at the building block S16 - Production Planning for the configuration, Section 2.1.7 Maintaining Alternate Resources:

[Production Planning - Best Practice Configuration Guide|http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S16_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc]

Regards

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can address this by maintaining object dependency in the routing.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Ramanath

Dhaivakumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable input. the object dependancy, how this will flow to APO? ( wheather it is through PPM).please give imputs

thanks in advance

dhaivakumar